Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

[REUNITED !] Missing pink teddy in BA T5 B lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[REUNITED !] Missing pink teddy in BA T5 B lounge

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2019, 4:44 pm

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Aww, not the conclusion we all hoped for just yet. Fingers crossed for success tomorrow.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 5:07 pm

Programs: Mucci de l'Arbitrage
Originally Posted by Globaliser
The suggestion was that it should be for this very customer. Of course, in general it is done sometimes, as JAXBA has already pointed out: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post30777986

I am still keeping my fingers crossed that all will work out well on this occasion.
The reason for the suggestion it could be for this very customer was based on a number of factors (and let’s ignore the fact that being on FT they should have had VIP treatment anyway!):
- that they reached out externally (FT / Twitter) - haven’t seen other pleas on BA’s Twitter account this week
- were on long haul outbound so not just going home where items can be more easily replaced
- to a sunny destination during what is UK’s half term holiday season

...has all the elements of a good story that can be used for PR

I look forward to the pictures of the big reunion!
Old Feb 14, 2019, 7:22 pm

I keep checking as well, hoping for a happy ending!
Old Feb 14, 2019, 9:34 pm

I will accept nothing less than a photo of the Pink Teddy lounging on a Victorian fainting couch!
Old Feb 15, 2019, 3:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Good news

Teddy is relaxing in the T3 lost property hotel but has been identified by photo (apparently my description didn't match the actual bear, so I'm not totally sure what he's been up to since we last saw him).

CWS repatriation services currently being enlisted.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 3:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
So glad this has worked out. I can breath easy now

I have to say that the only time I lost anything on a BA lounge/aircraft it was safely stored and returned to me at the check in desk on my return trip. I was very impressed!
Old Feb 15, 2019, 3:43 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

I can see the Daily Mail headline already.

"Heroic Geordie Farmer Rescues Stranded Bear"

Joking aside though, good news and I'm sure the wee one will be delighted when it's in her hands again.

Last edited by PETER01; Feb 15, 2019 at 3:50 am Reason: Typo
Old Feb 15, 2019, 4:28 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by bigwalrus
Teddy is relaxing in the T3 lost property hotel but has been identified by photo (apparently my description didn't match the actual bear, so I'm not totally sure what he's been up to since we last saw him).

Amazing. Well done CWS. He knows pretty much everything about BA and it seems he can do just about anything too, evidently in cases where BA chose not to.

Missed opportunity for BA really.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 4:28 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Wooooo!!
Old Feb 15, 2019, 5:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
Done correctly the BA team and/or Heathrow could have got a lot of PR out of this.
Originally Posted by BA707
Missed opportunity for BA really.
Really? How many times a week are BA and Heathrow supposed to fly cuddly toys around the world, complete with video production teams, for the PR effect? Should every lost toy get the full-on treatment? A couple of them every day?

But I am glad that the lost property system has done its job, and that the FT network will help the OP get the toy back with, hopefully, minimum further delay now.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 5:26 am

Programs: BA Gold
Really? How many times a week are BA and Heathrow supposed to fly cuddly toys around the world, complete with video production teams, for the PR effect? Should every lost toy get the full-on treatment? A couple of them every day?
Won't somebody please think of the children?

Not suggesting BA chase down every teddy. However, OP pinpointed the date/time and the exact location within the BA B gate lounge so a call there would not have been an unreasonable expectation.

Perhaps the issue is how unfriendly this copy and paste is.
Originally Posted by Colnic2011
We have a reply.......

Any items left in the terminal are handed into Lost Property at the airport. The passenger's will need to contact the team directly. They can find contact details here: https://www.heathrow.com/airport-guide/terminal-facilities-and-services/lost-property . ^Steph

pretty basic reply but hope this helps you.

​​​​​​​
Old Feb 15, 2019, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by BA707
Not suggesting BA chase down every teddy. However, OP pinpointed the date/time and the exact location within the BA B gate lounge so a call there would not have been an unreasonable expectation.​​​​​​
We don't know whether the OP drew this to the attention of any cabin crew at the time, so we don't know whether any BA person could have made a call that had any point to it. Nor do we know how long there was to get anything done in. And the geography would have made it very difficult anyway: the toy was lost in the T5B lounge (not a gate lounge); and the OP's flight was from a C gate.

In those circumstances, it's good that the lost property system did its job. The reply you quote seems absolutely accurate and exactly what one would expect to be written.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 5:39 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
I am glad that there has been a good outcome. With or without any help from BA, in whose lounge it was left.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 5:40 am

Programs: BA GfL, Marriott PlatfL/Ambassador, TP Gold, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by bigwalrus

Fantastic news! We can now all relax a little 🐻🐻
Old Feb 15, 2019, 5:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
We don't know whether the OP drew this to the attention of any cabin crew at the time, so we don't know whether any BA person could have made a call that had any point to it. Nor do we know how long there was to get anything done in. And the geography would have made it very difficult anyway: the toy was lost in the T5B lounge (not a gate lounge); and the OP's flight was from a C gate.

In those circumstances, it's good that the lost property system did its job. The reply you quote seems absolutely accurate and exactly what one would expect to be written.
We flagged it to the crew as soon as we were aware, during boarding. The crew member said it was too late as there wasn't time to go back to the lounge before we departed.

We also asked if there was a way we could contact the lounge directly to get them to check and put it to one side for us, but again we were told there wasn't enough time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.