Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feasibility of BA flying to KTM

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2019, 2:27 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by Worcester
Now Flybe have been taken over by Virgin I wonder if BA will look at their own NQY routing, obviously not on an A380.

good point well made.

As it currently stands NQY is now only available via DUB on BA / OW coded flights.

Daily A32x ex LGW or Ejet ex LCY ?

the BE/VS purchase is clearly very good news for the BE staff and good news for U.K. aviation as of BE went under a huge hole
would be left.

cs
Old Feb 13, 2019, 4:32 am

Originally Posted by Worcester
Now Flybe have been taken over by Virgin I wonder if BA will look at their own NQY routing, obviously not on an A380.
I cant see BA using a valuable LHR slot on NQY. Where would the long haul connecting traffic be?
Old Feb 13, 2019, 5:48 am

Programs: BAEC Gold; Priority Club Gold
Originally Posted by simonrp84
Having flown this route a lot: No, definitely not! DEL is pretty awful for connections (despite the recent update), much better to go on Qatar and change in a decent airport.
Exactly right. At one stage a while ago I was a very regular visitor to KTM, This was one of QR's earliest routes, and they found a real niche with it. Even when they were using their old terminal at DOH going that way was by far the best. It remains a far better option than flying through DEL.

These days KTM airport struggles to deal with the level of international traffic at times, and flights can also be affected by the weather in the Kathmandu Valley. But Nepal is a wonderful country; combining a visit with a trip to Bhutan is sublime.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 8:49 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
If BG can fly from LHR to Sylhet on a regular basis (BG2 and BG202 with B788 and B77W!) I'm sure BA can have a weekly flight to KTM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.