Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gatwick - Barbados - 777s refurbed?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2020, 12:48 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum Amb, Hilton Diamond
Based on the tracker in the 777 refurb thread all of the LGW 772 fleet has been refurbished. The 3 that are due for a refurb are currently LHR based so are presumably moving to LGW once they've been done as new aircraft arrive for LHR.

EDIT: It hadn't crossed my mind that Barbados is a route with F, and there are only 3 aircraft with an F cabin in the LGW fleet. All of them are definitely refurbished.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 12:59 pm

Programs: BA Silver , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
I have flown two return flights to BGI in the last couple of months. I have been in Y, W and J and with the exception of the refurbished W the 777s I have been on are showing most of their 20 year age.

Its not a bad as the Bangkok frames but they are hardly spick and span. The carpets and toilets is where I noticed it most and whilst the desfication in Y saw new seats throughout they are already showing wear and tear.

Areas such as the bits over the doors are stained from the condensation dripping on landing too, particularly noticeable in row 26.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 3:45 pm

Programs: Ba Silver ( for now!)
I did it in November.

outbound was refurbished and inbound was not
Old Feb 1, 2020, 4:11 pm

During the winter timetable (28OCT-28MAR or there abouts) there are 2 services to/from Barbados. The earlier rotation (BA2155/54) operates as a 4 class service with a dedicated First cabin and where Club is situated at rows 10 thru 15. The cabins and seats are identical to any of the 4 class 777-200ER's operating out of Heathrow with the exception of the few currently fitted with Club Suite (G-VII# fleet). At Gatwick there are 3 dedicated 4 class 777-200ER's in operation which another poster has eluded to. The later rotation (BA2157/56) operates as a 3 class service which at Gatwick means the highest density configuration on 777 and where Club occupies rows 1 thru 4. The IFE on these birds is the most up to date Panasonic system. There is also mood lighting for that new plane deception. The first rotation (2155/54) operates year round while the second rotation (2157/6) is a seasonal service operating during the winter timetable period only.

Last edited by 1Aturnleft; Feb 1, 2020 at 4:19 pm
Old Feb 1, 2020, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
During the winter timetable (28OCT-28MAR or there abouts) there are 2 services to/from Barbados. The earlier rotation (BA2155/54) operates as a 4 class service with a dedicated First cabin and where Club is situated at rows 10 thru 15. The cabins and seats are identical to any of the 4 class 777-200ER's operating out of Heathrow with the exception of the few currently fitted with Club Suite (G-VII# fleet). At Gatwick there are 3 dedicated 4 class 777-200ER's in operation which another poster has eluded to. The later rotation (BA2157/56) operates as a 3 class service which at Gatwick means the highest density configuration on 777 and where Club occupies rows 1 thru 4. The IFE on these birds is the most up to date Panasonic system. There is also mood lighting for that new plane deception. The first rotation (2155/54) operates year round while the second rotation (2157/6) is a seasonal service operating during the winter timetable period only.
Erm, Im on the later flight in mid-March and it is also a 4 class plane. Plus its BA2153/2, not BA2157/6.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by aristoph
Erm, Im on the later flight in mid-March and it is also a 4 class plane. Plus its BA2153/2, not BA2157/6.
My bad with regards to the flight numbers so thanks for clarifying.
​​​
The second service has traditionally operated as a 3 class in previous years. I see that on 4/7 days this winter it operates as a 4 class which I hadn't noticed or appreciated. In which case Club will be rows 10-15 as per previous.

On 3/7 days it operates as a 3 class service where Club will be rows 1-4 as per previous.

Regards

Last edited by 1Aturnleft; Feb 1, 2020 at 7:27 pm
Old Feb 2, 2020, 6:17 am

Aircraft on the BGI route

So far this is the list of aircraft on the route since May 2019:
G-VIIB, G-VIIC, G-VIIK, G-VIIO, G-VIIP, G-VIIR, G-VIIT, G-VIIU, G-VIIV, G-VIIW, G-VIIX, G-VIIY, G-VMMB, G-VMMC, G-VMMD, G-VMME, G-VMMF

The Wiki and Seatguru will tell you more, but certainly IIV-IIY are the 4 class LGW planes which were in Singapore.

My advice to your Mother would be to take Anne Robinson's advice when Concorde stopped flying and enjoy the extra hours the cabin crew can now spend helping you on your way. Barbados is a superb destination and every time I fly there I hope that I dispel the awful impression that so many Club and First passengers give when on business trips with their tired and bored look. Looking forward to one of the best holiday destinations while flying in whatever class will make up for a 20 year old airframe!
Old Feb 2, 2020, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin Flying Club
Thanks all, being as we took this flight last year and were one leg refurbished and one not, it clearly wasnt terrible as we are heading back this year!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.