Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Skyview lounge at Basel

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2019, 7:31 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
The Skyview Lounge is perfectly fine and among one of (if not the) my favourite contract lounges in Europe.
TheBigRat likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 7:41 am

Passport control in BSL to get to the non-Schengen gates has been a disaster recently. There is no fast track and as the lounge is before the control it severely reduces Prosecco drinking time.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 3:24 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR
I visited this lounge in Basel yesterday.

Drink offer was fine.
Food not so good.
Really good choice of seat and table options.

I thought it was a good lounge, friendly staff, clean and lots of space. I can live with average food for short haul.

Very near the BA gate but you need to allow for passport control between the lounge and the gate.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 4:31 am

Originally Posted by Simonp27
I visited this lounge in Basel yesterday.

Drink offer was fine.
Food not so good.
Really good choice of seat and table options.

I thought it was a good lounge, friendly staff, clean and lots of space. I can live with average food for short haul.

Very near the BA gate but you need to allow for passport control between the lounge and the gate.
Not sure if you were there at breakfast time but I must say the croissants/pains au choc on my recent visit there were top notch - far better than in most lounges.

The terrace is also very nice of course as (outside CH) is unusual to be able to stand outdoors. Overall a rather pleasant lounge for an outstation I think.
Simonp27 likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 5:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
I was there last weekend - it is completely oversized for what it is, but a nice space architecturally. After flying in on TK from Asia it was nice to sit outside with a coffee and get some fresh air.
Simonp27 likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 5:57 am

I’m flying more often to/from Basel lately as one of my “regular” local airports - with both British Airways and easyJet.

While the food and drink is hit and miss, it’s got a decent ambience - very light and airy, and the outdoor terrace. I’ve never had problem finding a seat. When I’ve flown with easyJet I’ve missed access to the lounge as somewhere quiet that I can sit and work. The rest of the terminal isn’t good for that - not only are there not really enough seats generally, whoever decided to put a pinball machine next to one of the “working” seating areas should be shot…

I did consider paying for access but it was quite expensive for what it was (I think €35?).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.