FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Skyview lounge at Basel (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1953038-skyview-lounge-basel.html)

nivsy Jan 26, 2019 5:44 am

Skyview lounge at Basel

How can anyone get excited about this lounge? They can't! It is large enough yet especially on a Saturday lunch time it's next empty yet the food choice is miserable. Old bread, overcooked pasta, awful sparkling stuff that is not that sparkly, and heinekHe is the only drinkable beer. Sometimes makes you appreciate his BA lounges nabshevyo deal with the throughput. I know it's a third party lounge but dear oh dear.
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...b4c18b7ded.jpg

Tobias-UK Jan 26, 2019 6:17 am

It’s the only lounge at that airport, isn’t it?

rossmacd Jan 26, 2019 7:56 am

If you think SkyView is poor, then must have missed the worse lounges in the network.

I have a bit of a soft spot for BSL and SkyView, since it is normally cheaper to start a OneWorld itinerary there versus ZRH.

adrianlondon Jan 26, 2019 8:20 am

I don't mind Skyview. The food is often dire but there's salad stuff and fruit. The prosecco is usually fine (if a bottle has been open for ages and is flat, just open another one) and there's loads of space. Plus there's a decent terrace which is great in the summer. They also have cornettos in the summer.

BAEC Jan 26, 2019 8:40 am

I like skyview lounge for its layout inside and the terrace. Also the great thing is you can see the BA plane at the gate. As soon as the doors are opened and passengers start to disembark, its time to head to Immigration and the gate, very close.

The terrace is wonderful during the summer.

Ok ... the food could be improved.

GadgetGal Jan 26, 2019 8:42 am

I liked lounge for being quieter than the terminal on a Monday afternoon. There was t a huge selection of F&B but the butternut soup was good enough for a quick lunch.

Its nothing to get excited about but it’s still better than AMS ☺️

Omba Jan 26, 2019 11:48 am

Originally Posted by adrianlondon (Post 30703033)
I don't mind Skyview. The food is often dire but there's salad stuff and fruit. The prosecco is usually fine (if a bottle has been open for ages and is flat, just open another one) and there's loads of space. Plus there's a decent terrace which is great in the summer. They also have cornettos in the summer.

Terrace and Cornettos, you beat me to it!

DocWatson Jan 26, 2019 11:58 am

The food is pants and the armchairs are worryingly knackered, but it has lovely light and a good view. It's far from the worst lounge I've been to.

BAECAddict Jan 26, 2019 12:39 pm

Got to jump to the defence of the BSL lounge - I’ve only been there in winter, but the chaises longues on the upper floor with views out over France are great. It’s not the greatest lounge ever, but I’ve definitely experienced far worse!

mec72 Jan 26, 2019 1:15 pm

If I recall correctly, the Skyview lounge in Basel was voted the best lounge in the world in the Priority Pass network a few years ago :)

Collierkr Jan 26, 2019 2:11 pm

This is one of the better lounges if you want peace and quiet. I like the view.

CD747 Jan 26, 2019 2:36 pm

I love the SkyView lounge and view it as one of the best P/P lounges on network.

Admittedly some of this is nostalgia, and your photos don’t sell it... but I love the architecture, layout and outdoor areas.

The food could be better, but food isn’t everything!

TheFlyingCyclist Jan 26, 2019 3:09 pm

If you think that’s bad you’ve clearly never been to Verona.

MrsBiggles Jan 27, 2019 12:07 am

BSL is a small airport and hasn't got many facilities, as I pass through it about every 3 month, I'm glad the lounge is there. Yes, the food can be terrible at times, I always hope for the pizza slices or filled hash browns to be on offer, not the weird Thai noodles or obscure tagnine slob they sometimes have. I absolutely love the Cremant and always help myself to several glasses. As others said, if it's flat, just open a new bottle.

Overall, I quite like this lounge and IMO there're worse ones on the network, such as Stuttgart (beyond dire) or Luxembourg (late flight and no food being refilled).

nivsy Jan 28, 2019 7:14 am

Done Verona and Bordeaux. I expect better though from the Swiss (although I agree it is better that Verona and Bordeaux) that would not be hard though. There are other dross out there for sure and no doubt I have passed through others...Chennai comes to mind. Like I said, i expected more from Switzerland and I am sure the last time i was in this lounge was two years ago and it was better.

As an aside, passport control Q was awful on Saturday afternoon (for a handful of EZY flights and Azure along with the BA. No signage for fast track as far as I could see so just joined the Q for 25 mins.