Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Immigration queues at JFK T7 - 10pm/ BA179?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2019, 7:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum

Dear All,

Thanks to the £100 one way offer I have now the pleasure to fly into JFK with my lovely wife on a Friday (mid of March) where we'll be arriving at 2210 at JFK (BA179).

I have Global Entry but wife (UK passport) does not so I am wondering what the immigration queue will be at that time? We will take an Uber then to our hotel (either the Ritz or the Renaissance Midtown in Manhattan) so I would be overly grateful to be in the room by 12AM (if possible). Realistic? I fly mostly to LAX so don't have a lots of experience with T7.

Thanks!
Old Jan 23, 2019, 7:54 am

Programs: BA Gold; Swiss Blue
A few years we came off this flight or similarly-timed flight...
OK from F but immigration was empty.
5 mins from doors open to curbside with HBO.
We were delayed by the CX flight which was struggling to get out of our parking place.
Was in bed before midnight in Marriot Marquis with a car picking us up.

Another data point T7 Immigration was not much quicker with or without GE during the PHX do weekend.

Hope this helps
Old Jan 23, 2019, 7:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Duck1981
I have Global Entry but wife (UK passport) does not so I am wondering what the immigration queue will be at that time? !
This tool on the Custom and Border Protection website is quite useful for looking at average historic passenger numbers and wait times - I've found it to be pretty accurate when I've used it.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 7:59 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Duck1981
Dear All,

Thanks to the £100 one way offer I have now the pleasure to fly into JFK with my lovely wife on a Friday (mid of March) where we'll be arriving at 2210 at JFK (BA179).

I have Global Entry but wife (UK passport) does not so I am wondering what the immigration queue will be at that time? We will take an Uber then to our hotel (either the Ritz or the Renaissance Midtown in Manhattan) so I would be overly grateful to be in the room by 12AM (if possible). Realistic? I fly mostly to LAX so don't have a lots of experience with T7.

Thanks!
I think that is realistic, always found JFK immigration to be very efficient.

PS: Congrats on the £100 fares. Where they easy to find?
Old Jan 23, 2019, 7:59 am

Programs: BA Gold
I took that flight just after Christmas and we were straight through immigration with no queue. We were, however, in CW and therefore amongst the first off the plane - the queue was building up behind us. I think we also landed late due to having to offload some bags, so that may not be typical. If you have checked luggage then this may be the deciding factor as to how long it takes, as this took a while to come through. Obviously this being BA, the priority bags came off last, so you may actually fare better.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 8:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by Sealink
I think that is realistic, always found JFK immigration to be very efficient.

PS: Congrats on the £100 fares. Where they easy to find?
Well, I must admit I was rather lucky - logged on at 1208pm and got a flight pair out on Friday 6pm and back on Sunday 8pm. I wish I would have searched for a flight out on Thursday but, as I got these tickets in my basket, I simply booked them (I have assumed that, if I search again, I would not have anything in the end). On the other hand, the flight time is only roughly 6 hours, so who cares - it's NYC in the end I think they were all gone at about 1215pm.

Good luck if you'll try tomorrow - thanks for the reply
Sealink likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.