Wiki Posts
Search

Some Well Dones to BA

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2019, 4:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GfL
Some Well Dones to BA

Fair is fair, when BA do a good job we need to say!

Part 1. I was coming back from Madrid to LHR T5 with my Mum, who is disabled. She needs the Ambulift to get on and off a plane on a remote stand, as she can’t manage steps nor long walks. After a two-hour technical delay (that’s another story) we arrived and parked at a Domestic gate. The pilot explained we’d disembark at Door 1L, go up the ramp to the ‘halfway house’ then pax would need to use the stairs to go down to catch buses on the ramp level. The CSD came to explain and apologise that he’d just been told that there was no Ambulift available, so we would need to use the same route. This was not ideal, as the jetway ramp is steep for my Mum, and quite a long way to walk – normally she’s in a wheelchair.

The CSD gathered our bags, still apologising, although the issue was not his fault. We progressed slowly up the ramp, which was now becoming blocked as the buses had not yet arrived. Then the very proactive pilot arrived with my Mum’s wheelchair, which had been in the hold. I then got her to the halfway house where we were told we could use the lift down to the ramp. At that point the still apologising CSD arrived again to say an Ambulift had just arrived at the plane. So we trundled back down the jetway, got her across to Door 1R and into the Ambulift. The CSD was with us all the way to the Ambulift, still carrying our bags.

Thanks to the pilot for getting my Mum’s wheelchair – this is not the first time a pilot or co-pilot have done this. This is truly great customer service.

Thanks to the CSD for helping us all way – I submitted a Golden Ticket.

Part 2. Of course, due to the two-hour delay we missed our connection to Aberdeen. Went to Flight Connections where they confirmed we were on the next flight, about 2-1/2 hours later. But this was in Y, not CE which we had booked. The main reason we book CE is to get into Row 1 (less for my Mum to walk) and unfortunately, we were in Row 24, the second last row in Y. The agent said there was no CE seats available, and those were the only Y seats available, although she’d put a note in the booking to see if any CE seats became available.

Up to the North lounge, then early down to the gate. The agent had just arrived, so he asked us to take a seat near the lift as he fired up the system. Once the system was up, he processed us and happily two seats in CE were available, but not together. I said that we could manage, but he said no, we must sit together and proceeded to move pax around to get us seated together. During the whole process he was interactive, understanding and friendly.

Thanks to the agent for helping us.

I find that BA Cabin Crew, Flight Deck Crew and Gate Agents are invariably superb when helping someone who is a PRM. Well done all round.

Last edited by Lost-in-Space; Jan 22, 2019 at 4:59 am Reason: Carriage returns again!
Old Jan 22, 2019, 5:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Lost-in-Space
Well done all round.
Indeed...including you for posting it.

How nice to start my FT day with a positive news story for a change. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.