Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flight time change, reroute?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2019, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Flight time change, reroute?

Booked a companion reward fight return to Toronto in first and the return leg time has been changed by over an hour later than scheduled.

Theres an earlier flight but no First cabin.

What are the chances BA would allow a reroute via ORD or JFK? Worth a shot or a waste of time?

Assume the biggest issue is that the companion is not valid on AA metal, but you would think an exception would be made.

Cheers
Old Jan 14, 2019, 12:03 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I really can't see them making an exception for the 2-4-1 unless there really was no alternative, so you'd have to cough up extra for the USA-Canada services I suspect. Usually you need a cancellation for a full rerouting but if the flights is moved by 2 hours they may allow it too. One hour, I doubt it, though they would allow you to go CW on the other BA service. But by all means ring up and ask. And let us know what they say. Best to have your preferences listed out in rank order.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 12:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
It will not cost you anything to call and ask. But, for a one-hour change, it is doubtful that BA would do anything in general. Especially doubtful on a 2-4-1 rebooked onto an AA-operated service.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 12:57 pm

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Often1
It will not cost you anything to call and ask. But, for a one-hour change, it is doubtful that BA would do anything in general. Especially doubtful on a 2-4-1 rebooked onto an AA-operated service.
A connection via the US from Canada would surely add hours to your journey, even with pre-clearance? I don’t think this would be desirable unless you are connecting onward at LHR anyway?

The BA-only metal is an interesting restriction of a 2-4-1 these days. If it’s a JBA route, so called “metal neutral” does the restriction serve a purpose anymore?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.