Wiki Posts
Search

Tier point confusion

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2019, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA
Tier point confusion

Just booked BOG-MAD-BCN-LGW-LHR-MAD-BOG on mixed IB/BA in I/J which, according to my calculations should give me:

bogmad 140
madbcn 20
bcnlgw 40
lhrmad 40
madbog 140

Giving a total of 380 tier points I think. The booking in BAEC is showing only 240. Have I messed up somewhere?
Old Jan 14, 2019, 11:46 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Are all flights showing in MMB? Also, click on the flight number to see the fare code.

I suspect the BOG/MAD may be missing as doesn't connect directly to a BA service.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by madfish
Are all flights showing in MMB? Also, click on the flight number to see the fare code.

I suspect the BOG/MAD may be missing as doesn't connect directly to a BA service.
You're quite right, that segment's missing. This will come out in the wash, right?
Old Jan 14, 2019, 11:56 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

It's a bit like some AA flights that don’t appear. Unlikely to appear. So just have to make sure it appears elsewhere.

Finnair has a great way of checking bookings. Worth a try.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 11:58 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by IanWorthington
You're quite right, that segment's missing. This will come out in the wash, right?
Yes this is entirely normal for mixed airline routings and Iberia is on a separate system anyway. This is bridged by creating a ghost sector for the service immediately after the BA service, but there's no point in doing that for IB to IB. So long as your BAEC is on both BA and IB bookings I don't think you'll have a problem, but as always with more complex trips, take a photo or screenshot of your boarding passes as you go along.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 11:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by madfish
It's a bit like some AA flights that don’t appear. Unlikely to appear. So just have to make sure it appears elsewhere.

Finnair has a great way of checking bookings. Worth a try.
It's on IB.

They'll be no problem crediting the TPs, right?
Old Jan 14, 2019, 1:23 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by IanWorthington
It's on IB.

They'll be no problem crediting the TPs, right?
Don’t worry. If there is just claim them afterwards, bearing in mind CWS’s advice up thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.