Wiki Posts
Search

Price for WTP

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2019, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Price for WTP

Hi!
Me and my wife are planning to go to the US for 8-9 weeks sept - oct. From Gothenburg Sweden, BA is the best choice economic and timewise.
Found WTP tickets GOT (Gothenburg) - LHR - LAX, LAX - LHR - GOT in september and return early nov. A380 to LAX and B787-9 return to LHR, 2 people for £1400 (SEK16000, $1790). The price is for 2 tickets.
What do you think, is that a good price?
In WT with checked bags + 1 extra on the return (shopping...) and seat reservation the price is £260 (SEK3000, $330) less. I need seat reservation in WT because of medical issues and last time I didn't get that for free, but in WTP the seat configuration is 2-3-2 and then I can manage cause I'll either get a window or an aisle seat.

So good or bad?

Thanks Anna

Last edited by Annaer; Jan 11, 2019 at 3:48 pm
Old Jan 11, 2019, 3:33 pm

Assuming that is £1400 total for the 2 people, that's a reasonable price for WTP to LAX
If that is each, then it's expensive and you can get it cheaper including a connection in JFK meaning more tier points
Old Jan 11, 2019, 3:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by astutiumRob
Assuming that is £1400 total for the 2 people, that's a reasonable price for WTP to LAX
If that is each, then it's expensive and you can get it cheaper including a connection in JFK meaning more tier points
Yes that's for both tickets 👍 Does BA have connections on JFK for some flights to LAX? I've only seen direct flights from Heathrow.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 4:01 pm

you can 'force' connections but their website search by default shows the direct routes
for rough pricing/options, the itamatrix is the tool-of-choice
remember to put ALLIANCE oneworld if looking to limit results to BA/partners where you can get avios and tier points

but I thin kit'd add to your overall cost, so unless planning several more flights (and so wanting the free seat booking benefits) probably not worth the premium
Old Jan 11, 2019, 4:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Diamond, IHG Diamond
At £700 each return to LAX in W, I’d get that booked straight away. It’s unlikely you’ll find it cheaper than that on BA, even though you are ex EU.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 10:44 pm

Programs: BAEC OW Gold/Emerald
Originally Posted by astutiumRob
I concur. with everything said.. the one caution of connecting in JFK or another transcon airport is that you will not have a WTP seat but a MCE seat for some 5 hours. If getting 90 extra tier points per leg is worth it for a MCE seat only you can answer. Personally I couldn’t do it and so if I want extra tier points heading to LAX fly as near to LAX in my WTP seat as possible and then get a short connecting flight for an extra 20 tier points.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 10:58 pm

Programs: BA Silver
I wouldn’t doubt for that price.

To give an idea about possible price differences: for my trip to Canada in May (BRU - LHR - YVR / YYC - LHR - BRU) I payed €850 (~ 760 £) in WTP. Looking up the price for the same flights, it is now €1860 (~1660 £). At the moment WT is sold for about the same price as what I paid a few months ago for WTP.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 2:58 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by IntVic
you will not have a WTP seat but a MCE seat for some 5 hours. If getting 90 extra tier points per leg is worth it for a MCE seat only you can answer.
The OP won't get MCE seats for free on AA without status. The cheapest WTP fares book into 'K' class within Europe and within the USA, and 'K' class does not entitle to free seat selection. Domestic flights will generate 35 TPs each only.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 3:20 am

Programs: BAEC - Silver, Virgin Flying Club, Delta Skymiles
I watch Sweden - US routes almost weekly and that price is pretty standard for BA on that route, although sometimes you can find it just under £700 out of ARN to LAX. That being said, we prefer SK Plus on ARN-LAX (though I do see you are flying from GOT) for what we consider to be a better, more comfortable product with some nice-to-haves (lounge access, fast track, rubbing shoulders with minor Swedish celebrities) that make it worthwhile to us. But, this is the BA thread so if those times and arrangement work for you, then thats the best ticket.

Have a good time in California - that's a great time of year to go.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 4:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A very good price. Do NOT connect in JFK as you’ll be stuck in a crappy economy seat for the JFK-LAX leg which is a long way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.