Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Help to check BA seat availability and BA flight loads

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 11, 2019, 12:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Current methods to check fare/booking class availability:
If you are requesting flight load / class availability, please provide the following:
1. Actual travel date (don't say tomorrow, or similar, as that is ambiguous given the global flyertalk membership)
2. Departure and arrival airport codes
3. Flight number
Thanks!
Print Wikipost

Help to check BA seat availability and BA flight loads

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2020, 7:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by pedro_uk
Can anyone help with seat availability on BA2552 LHR-HER on 17 Septmber please?
I am booked on the flight, and hope it won’t be cancelled!

cheers
BA 2552 LHR 8:10a → HER 2:10p
J9 C9 D9 R9 I9 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 L9 V9 N9 O9 Q9 S0 G9
Old Sep 11, 2020, 7:53 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by pedro_uk
Can anyone help with seat availability on BA2552 LHR-HER on 17 Septmber please?
I am booked on the flight, and hope it won’t be cancelled!

cheers
Not sure how to take a photo but won't take me long to describe. 7 rows of CE but 7th in blocked. Front row taken as are AC in rows 2 and 3.

Rows 8 and 9 are blocked in Y with 2 seats taken (and rest blocked) in 10. Of the 12 available exit row seats, there are pairs and one empty block of 3 (11 ABC)

And that is it!
Old Sep 11, 2020, 8:09 am

Programs: BA Silver
Many thanks
Old Sep 11, 2020, 12:52 pm

Programs: BA
Hi
am in BA 0640 from LHR to Athens on Wednesday 16th.
ia. Club Europe booking where I reserved the seat but now BA says my seat has been changed for operational reasons.
can anyone see what the seat availability is in Club as I can’t for some reason?
Thanks
Tedmak
Old Sep 11, 2020, 1:15 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by tedmak
Hi
am in BA 0640 from LHR to Athens on Wednesday 16th.
ia. Club Europe booking where I reserved the seat but now BA says my seat has been changed for operational reasons.
can anyone see what the seat availability is in Club as I can’t for some reason?
Thanks
Tedmak
All of row 1 is currently available. Which seat have you been allocated and what seat did you have originally?

Old Sep 11, 2020, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by golfmad
All of row 1 is currently available. Which seat have you been allocated and what seat did you have originally?

I had booked 5A and that was taken away from me. When I try to choose my seat it just has crosses for rows 1,2 and 3.
when I called the person said it was blocked due to operational reasons.
it gives me no other choices.
thanks for your help. I am finding the app a bit unpredictable at the moment.
Old Sep 11, 2020, 1:35 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
I had booked 5A and that was taken away from me. When I try to choose my seat it just has crosses for rows 1,2 and 3.
when I called the person said it was blocked due to operational reasons.
it gives me no other choices.
thanks for your help. I am finding the app a bit unpredictable at the moment.
When you originally booked it sounds like the Club Europe cabin extended further back. Due to ticket sales it seems that they have decided to offer only 3 rows of Club Europe which is why you were kicked out of 5A. It looks like all of row 1 is available if you wish to change but that rows 2 and 3 are occupied and I'm guessing that you're currently allocated a seat in either row 2 or 3.
Old Sep 12, 2020, 12:21 am

Originally Posted by golfmad
When you originally booked it sounds like the Club Europe cabin extended further back. Due to ticket sales it seems that they have decided to offer only 3 rows of Club Europe which is why you were kicked out of 5A. It looks like all of row 1 is available if you wish to change but that rows 2 and 3 are occupied and I'm guessing that you're currently allocated a seat in either row 2 or 3.
Is a strange one. It is a Reward flight but I have not had such a problem before and the return flight is not a problem.
will just have to wait for check in.
Old Sep 12, 2020, 2:28 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Is a strange one. It is a Reward flight but I have not had such a problem before and the return flight is not a problem.
will just have to wait for check in.
It sometimes happens, especially when BA are rejigging flights around. They come back to the default which may be 3 rows of CE, move flights and reaccommodate people, and then the curtains move back to make room. If the flights is in more than 48 hours, wait and see.
Old Sep 12, 2020, 3:01 am

Originally Posted by alex67500
It sometimes happens, especially when BA are rejigging flights around. They come back to the default which may be 3 rows of CE, move flights and reaccommodate people, and then the curtains move back to make room. If the flights is in more than 48 hours, wait and see.
Thanks.
They have not cancelled the flight - that is the main thing and I only booked the reward on Thursday so availability is not an issue.
I notice that they have used the Dreamliner on some of the ATH=LHR flights so I would be VERY pleased if that is the aircraft change.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 2:13 am

Programs: BA GGL
BA61 on 29th Nov and for a whole week seems blocked out... Can someone tell me if there's a reason, it's overbooked, or what? Thanks
Old Sep 18, 2020, 2:16 am

Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
BA61 on 29th Nov and for a whole week seems blocked out... Can someone tell me if there's a reason, it's overbooked, or what? Thanks
on your booking does it say what the plane is?
they could well be rejigging the fleet.
i was in LHR T5 on Wednesday and overbooking seems the least of BA’s issues
Old Sep 18, 2020, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
In usual times some services would be chopped / reduced on and around Thanksgiving - which is 26th November this year...
Old Sep 18, 2020, 4:02 am

on your booking does it say what the plane is?
they could well be rejigging the fleet.
i was in LHR T5 on Wednesday and overbooking seems the least of BA’s issues
It's a refurbed 777 - with 8* F seats.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 4:40 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
In usual times some services would be chopped / reduced on and around Thanksgiving - which is 26th November this year...
Interesting!
I don't have a current expert flyer account - no flying since March! - so can't see what it says, if anything.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.