FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1949126-ba-tier-point-runs-2019-20-edition.html)

thejohn Jan 4, 2019 1:35 pm

my guess is that there is no I fares left for your dates I found mine via ITA Matrix then used the BA mulitcity tool to book it online but had to come back via Boston not JFK that's for July .
John

MarkedMan Jan 4, 2019 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by mmfraser (Post 30610153)
No matter what dates I try (even these exact dates), the BA website only offers the LAX-JFK leg in economy. Is this fare still available, if so, what is the trick?

Many thanks!

Try picking the Economy option on the selection page and see how it prices. It returns a business cabin. It's yet another quirk of the optimally design BA multi city selector functionality.

EDIT: keep in mind anyway that this right now might be an early glimpse into the fare, it can only be booked on BA, online, with BA coded flights. Might be worth waiting a few days and seeing if this comes up with AA too, or with TAs, where we'd get a lot more flexibility.

Gino Troian Jan 4, 2019 1:56 pm

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...da841a2005.png

Definilogy Jan 4, 2019 1:59 pm

Hi all,

been trying to ask for a couple of times now but doesnt seem to be able to get a fruitful answer...

any stop over locations that I should looking at to maximise the TP for a Manchester to HKG trip?

thanks In advance.

rossmacd Jan 4, 2019 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by Definilogy (Post 30610403)
Hi all,

been trying to ask for a couple of times now but doesnt seem to be able to get a fruitful answer...

any stop over locations that I should looking at to maximise the TP for a Manchester to HKG trip?

thanks In advance.

You will likely not be getting a fruitful answer since it is good practice to show what you have found so far using your own research, rather than asking others to do all the hard work for you. If you can provide the very knowledgeable folks here the best options you have found, they will do a lot to help you.

Definilogy Jan 4, 2019 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by rossmacd (Post 30610418)
You will likely not be getting a fruitful answer since it is good practice to show what you have found so far using your own research, rather than asking others to do all the hard work for you. If you can provide the very knowledgeable folks here the best options you have found, they will do a lot to help you.

Thank you for your reply.

But the sole reason why my question was so open ended was because I have struggled to find any previous history of TP runs from MAN-HKG mentioned in this forum?

It it is very hard for a beginner to even start draft an itinerary when there is no example to reference to, which is exactly I am merely asking a few pointers to which stopovers suggestions. I知 more than happy to draft my own itinerary afterwards.

Etxebas Jan 4, 2019 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by MarkedMan (Post 30610325)
Try picking the Economy option on the selection page and see how it prices. It returns a business cabin. It's yet another quirk of the optimally design BA multi city selector functionality.

EDIT: keep in mind anyway that this right now might be an early glimpse into the fare, it can only be booked on BA, online, with BA coded flights. Might be worth waiting a few days and seeing if this comes up with AA too, or with TAs, where we'd get a lot more flexibility.

Is it common for these kind of fares to be bookable first on ba only and TA/etc.. later on? Just trying to figure out if it is worth waiting or not! :)

savzur Jan 4, 2019 3:38 pm

Happy New Year everyone

1 Attachment(s)
First I want to take KARFA for setting up this amazing thread. Previous years and this...just keeps getting better. And then all the others who always help so kindly.

Now down to 2019 TPR business. :) I just took advantage of the LHR-BNA sale with a couple extra stops. Now playing with a DUB-LAS TPR, but the 040min connection in LAX on return is a bit worriesome.

I was wondering if the price can be brought down even more?

Doesn't have to be those exact dates, but the route is preferred. Thank you for all your help. Keep flying

Hoch Jan 4, 2019 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 30610072)

ah. Annoying. That rules out doing a b2b at OTP as well then.

What wait? Is there a suggestion that the OTP being discussed cannot be booked over the phone (yet)? Because I want to take advantage of it, but have to call as I need to do two tickets: one for myself but coming back to OTP a few days later and the other one for Mstr Hoch but coming back in early August (I'm dropping him off at his grandparents for the month of July :D).

This may seriously ruin my plans let alone the last two hours I have done tweaking all the connections. It's been hard work getting the dates right without spending through the nose :cool:

H

gcuk Jan 4, 2019 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by Definilogy (Post 30610486)

But the sole reason why my question was so open ended was because I have struggled to find any previous history of TP runs from MAN-HKG mentioned in this forum?

It it is very hard for a beginner to even start draft an itinerary when there is no example to reference to, which is exactly I am merely asking a few pointers to which stopovers suggestions. I’m more than happy to draft my own itinerary afterwards.

Hi @Definilogy
We're usually a friendly bunch here and as a new poster you're usually allowed some latitude so I presume other posters have missed your low post count and that you only joined in December.

I'm no expert on TP runs but pleased to see you're interested in the maximising TP game. Assuming you're talking about business class, MAN-HKG on Cathay would earn you 140TP each way, or a total of 280TP. If you did BA via London that adds an extra 80TPs return so a total of 360TP.

Another option would be MAN-Helsinki-HKG on Finnair as the MAN-Helsinki leg earns 80TP so that totals 440TP . You may also try MAN-Doha-HKG on Qatar as that creates two sectors greater than 2000 miles each direction so would earn you 560TP return. If you tried routing the Helsinki and Doha routes through Heathrow you would add an additional 80TPs return. I have no idea what fares those routes will be though.

Good luck with your quest. Hopefully someone cleverer than me can give you some more pointers and I hope you continue to post on the BA board.
Do let us know what you find.

madfish Jan 4, 2019 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by Definilogy (Post 30610486)

It it is very hard for a beginner to even start draft an itinerary when there is no example to reference to, which is exactly I am merely asking a few pointers to which stopovers suggestions. I’m more than happy to draft my own itinerary afterwards.

To begin with, look at MAN/HKG as a direct service. You’d be earning 140TPs each way in J. But will pay the price. Do you have dates in mind? In which case what can you get price wise.

Then look at this with options via LHR. An additional 40TPs each way, but still pricey.

Consider ex-EU options via LHR on BA. Will be cheaper fitvthe same TPs. Then look at these but connecting with a OW airline. The obvious suggestion would be QR via DOH. That should see 560TPs in J.

Run some basic searches using the above and see what you get.

daniel1 Jan 4, 2019 4:06 pm

Can anybody suggest the most cost effective way of gaining 80TP between now and the end of Feb? I知 London based but can position somewhere if needed. I知 not getting anywhere with my searches.

gcuk Jan 4, 2019 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by daniel1 (Post 30611043)
Can anybody suggest the most cost effective way of gaining 80TP between now and the end of Feb? I’m London based but can position somewhere if needed. I’m not getting anywhere with my searches.

80TP is a straightforward Club Europe return.
Luxembourg at end Feb is showing on the cheapest fare finder and bookable at 」232 rtn, midweek though.
Amsterdam is wide open through February, including weekends for 」260 rtn and has the advantage of a safe back to back to minimise the time away.
Hope that helps.

edit: back to back may not be possible on return ticket but still an easy airport to turn around at

florens Jan 4, 2019 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by daniel1 (Post 30611043)
Can anybody suggest the most cost effective way of gaining 80TP between now and the end of Feb? I知 London based but can position somewhere if needed. I知 not getting anywhere with my searches.

80TP is easy. You can do a day trip for ~ 」230 within the UK in CE or a cheap weekend getaway, for example to LUX in CE for ~ 」221.

navylad Jan 4, 2019 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by florens (Post 30611140)
80TP is easy. You can do a day trip for ~ 」230 within the UK in CE or a cheap weekend getaway, for example to LUX in CE for ~ 」221.

Weekend to DUB or AMS for 」197 (various dates)