Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Amex compromised

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2019, 4:59 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Originally Posted by Irreverent Medusa
I really wish more places offered the option of using an authenticator app instead of sending a sms - at least that way you're not dependent on your mobile signal or any issues with the network
Again, this comes down to cost and user acceptance of yet another tool they need to use. The company would need to build and maintain the app, the consumer would have to download it and store it somewhere. What they should do is offer a choice of authentication via code, text or landline. When I log onto my company's VPN we get that choice.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 6:01 am

Programs: BAEC blue dust
Originally Posted by dddc
Again, this comes down to cost and user acceptance of yet another tool they need to use. The company would need to build and maintain the app, the consumer would have to download it and store it somewhere. What they should do is offer a choice of authentication via code, text or landline. When I log onto my company's VPN we get that choice.
They don't need to built an app - there already are perfectly good authenticators from Microsoft, Google and others. You don't use a specific one for each account - for instance I have the Microsoft one and use it for my Microsoft, Google, Amazon, Twitter accounts and anything else that lets me. And I agree, companies should just give the choice - I'm not saying force people to use an authenticator app if they prefer sms - I do however resent being forced to use sms.

Last edited by Irreverent Medusa; Jan 13, 2019 at 6:08 am
Old Jan 13, 2019, 7:04 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
I have my Amex in Apple Pay and even transactions initiated outside of any Apple device get notified into Apple Pay. This is a great way of keeping track and I see no reason why there shouldn’t be an option to approve transactions in this way too.

Incedentally, I find it disturbing that the BA website still states that there have been no confirmed incidents of fraud after their “data theft”.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.