Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA223 LHR-BNA on 21/12 delayed - missing connection

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2018, 3:59 pm
Original Poster

Tomorrow (21/12) I am due to fly ARN-LHR-BNA on BA 771+223 and then continue with AA BNA-DFW-LAX. All booked on one ticket through AA.com.

Checking the flight status on BA223 it currently shows with a 3-hour delay due to late incoming aircraft. This means I will miss my DFW-BNA connection which is the last flight of the day in order to get me into LAX the same evening.

Should I call BA and ask to be rebooked or just head out to the airport tomorrow? What are my options?
Old Dec 20, 2018, 4:03 pm
Original Poster

It looks like G-ZBJF is planned to operate BA223 tomorrow which is currently on its way to ICN as BA17, will do a turn around and return to LHR as BA18 arriving at 14:15. The scheduled departure of BA223 is at 13:25
Old Dec 20, 2018, 4:07 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I would continue to the airport and check tomorrow how the timings are going. If it still shows as impossible connection for BNA while you are at LHR, I would at Flight Connections T5 discuss the options there. You may need to get a hotel if you don't make it that night, but if BA caused the misconnect then they will pick up the tab for that up to a GBP200 per night guideline, If the connection is definitely missed at LHR then they may put you on a direct flight, but it is possible that BA will shuffle aircraft around and you will arrive in BNA on time.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 4:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I would continue to the airport and check tomorrow how the timings are going. If it still shows as impossible connection for BNA while you are at LHR, I would at Flight Connections T5 discuss the options there. You may need to get a hotel if you don't make it that night, but if BA caused the misconnect then they will pick up the tab for that up to a GBP200 per night guideline, If the connection is definitely missed at LHR then they may put you on a direct flight, but it is possible that BA will shuffle aircraft around and you will arrive in BNA on time.
So there is no point in calling now? Are they even able to rebook me over the phone? I am flying in WTP on the LHR-BNA segment. As of now on the two early direct LHR-LAX flights there are only 2 seats in WTP on BA283 and 1 seat on BA281. Just worried I will get downgraded because most flights are running full. I doubt my lowly status as a BA Silver will make any difference.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 4:14 pm

Programs: BAEC
I imagine if you're on a single ARN-LAX ticket they'll just rebook you into a direct LHR-LAX service rather than the multi hop that you've booked.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 4:48 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by B747forever
So there is no point in calling now? Are they even able to rebook me over the phone? .
They can rebook if your flight is cancelled, I am not convinced they would do so because of a currently hypothetical delay at BA main base, which may be resolved on the day. But because it's an AA ticket I think it is AA that you need to contact until you start your trip, and then it's a BA problem.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 4:54 pm
Original Poster

They can rebook if your flight is cancelled, I am not convinced they would do so because of a currently hypothetical delay at BA main base, which may be resolved on the day. But because it's an AA ticket I think it is AA that you need to contact until you start your trip, and then it's a BA problem.
Got it. Will just wait until tomorrow then. Hopefully they will be able to find another 788 to cover the route than the currently planned one coming from ICN.

Thought that when you are within 24 hours of departure/done OLCI, control of the ticket goes to the operating airline, which in this case should be BA as they are the ones I am starting the trip with.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 3:55 am
Original Poster

Update

So once I arrived into LHR I went to the ticket desk at transfers. Got rebooked onto BA 281 (LHR-LAX) and also upgraded from WTP to CW! Will get home much earlier and in a better shape
Old Dec 21, 2018, 4:58 am

Programs: BAEC
Update

So once I arrived into LHR I went to the ticket desk at transfers. Got rebooked onto BA 281 (LHR-LAX) and also upgraded from WTP to CW! Will get home much earlier and in a better shape
WOW an early Xmas present from BA
Old Dec 21, 2018, 5:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by babats
WOW an early Xmas present from BA
Absolutely!

If I want to apply for my original routing in regards to TPs/Avios, how should I proceed?
Old Dec 21, 2018, 5:17 am

If I want to apply for my original routing in regards to TPs/Avios, how should I proceed?
There is a guide to ORC in the forum's Dashboard. However I would hang off doing this for about a week, just in case Santa BA pays another visit......
Old Dec 21, 2018, 6:25 am
Original Poster

There is a guide to ORC in the forum's Dashboard. However I would hang off doing this for about a week, just in case Santa BA pays another visit......

Will wait then!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.