Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Breakfast at 830 AM, lunch at 530 PM — why?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Breakfast at 830 AM, lunch at 530 PM — why?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2018, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
In my opinion the crew were given a longer break than necessary and this caused the lack of service on the OPs flight.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 6:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Originally Posted by bhdcommuter
Its the first season of this new JNB flight however BA will listen to the feedback of the customers using the service and maybe tweak it. Also it might be surprising to hear but our service standards do change on a monthly basis with slight updates!
So I did submit a succinct, positive and specific message to BA's feedback system, saying that I fully understood that the crew needed rest, but that it would have made a huge difference if the hot meal had been served 30—60 minutes earlier. Honestly, all they needed to say was thanks for your feedback, we have passed it on to the relevant department. Instead, I received overnight from India some tinned drivel completely irrelevant to the context:

"When we decide when to serve your meal it can be difficult to get it right for everyone and we have to consider whether your flight is during the day or at night. Passengers who join us at a stop-over point often have different requirements to people who are with us from the beginning of the journey."

Nowhere was there any indication that my comments had been passed on to the relevant department.

Yes, my point was that the flight operated entirely during the day at both origin and destination. And there ain't nobody connecting with Comair to a flight that leaves at 740 AM. And even if they did, they would be coming from the same (or possibly an adjacent) time zone.

I don't see myself writing to these people again unless I need to make a monetary claim. These weaselly mosaic letters of empty apologies and fake excuses are just too insulting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.