Wiki Posts
Search

SFO - Best Emerald Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2018, 3:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire, Inc Amb
SFO - Best Emerald Lounge

Flying out of SFO tomorrow, on a US domestic flight. What's the best OneWorld lounge to use for a BAEC Gold Card holder? Is Cathay Pacific as good in SFO as it is in T3?
Old Dec 5, 2018, 3:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Note that SFO's terminals aren't connected airside. Assuming you're flying AA, the Admirals Club is the only lounge that won't require clearing security twice. None of the oneworld lounges are nearly good enough to merit going through security a second time - CX/JL are average at best and the BA lounge is laughably bad.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by taxicabnumber
Note that SFO's terminals aren't connected airside. Assuming you're flying AA, the Admirals Club is the only lounge that won't require clearing security twice. None of the oneworld lounges are nearly good enough to merit going through security a second time - CX/JL are average at best and the BA lounge is laughably bad.
Helpful - thanks.

What about LAX for an international flight?
Old Dec 5, 2018, 4:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
That time I was there Qantas had the best Emerald lounge at LAX although not sure if the new AA Flagship is any good there.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 4:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jday
That time I was there Qantas had the best Emerald lounge at LAX although not sure if the new AA Flagship is any good there.
Thanks
Old Dec 5, 2018, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Have a look at these threads:
Best lax lounge to use
BA First from LAX
LAX / Los Angeles Int'l. Terminal 4 Flagship Lounge (master thread)
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...ounges-72.html
Old Dec 5, 2018, 4:18 pm
Original Poster

Super!!!! Thanks so much.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

The consensus seems to be I need to go to the Quantas F lounge in LAX. Thanks for all the help.
rossmacd likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by taxicabnumber
T3 (E/F) and INTL (G) are connected airside, as are T1 (C) and T2 (D).

​​​​​​
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 12:08 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Repooc17
T3 (E/F) and INTL (G) are connected airside, as are T1 (C) and T2 (D).

​​​​​​
They are, and indeed I used the Intl G to 3 connector just a few weeks ago when on *A (only to realise the SQ and BR lounges both closed a few months ago!).

However, the advice here is still sound given that AA operates from T2, so the only accessible oneworld lounge is an Admirals Club.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 8:34 am

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
However, the advice here is still sound given that AA operates from T2, so the only accessible oneworld lounge is an Admirals Club.
You can go into the Intl A terminal and go to the lounges there, CX would be the best, but if there is no HKG flight around that time, then it will be limited service (i.e 3-4 types of sandwiches, salad components, soup, bread, 2-3 desserts and a very stocked bar) but still better than a BA outstation lounge. It will also be very quiet as only AS uses it for their lounge members, but AS is also in T2 so less people bother.

But, two things. If you do not have TSA-Pre depending on the time of day i.e very early or late afternoon, then security in T2 could be backed up and it is not worth it. Intl A is usually pretty light except for when the bank of international flights start to go out. If security is light, its a 20 minute walk-train-walk from the lounge to get through security in T2. I did this trek last week for a 16:15 departure and security was empty on Wednesday at 15:30. Second, if you do go to Intl A, the person checking you BP before security will tell you that your flight is out of T2 and not this area. You can tell the person you're going to the lounge and they will have no issue, but people don't realize they are just trying to be helpful, not block you from entering.

Last edited by safari ari; Dec 6, 2018 at 8:45 am
Old Aug 6, 2022, 8:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Frequent Flyer
Sorry to revive this old thread, but I would like to check whether anyone has any recent experience with OW Lounges at SFO?

I'm flying AA from SFO to JFK departing T1, I understand there is an airside connector to the Iinternational terminal but those lounges only seem to open at lunchtime. Would it be worth making the trip to the Alaska lounge in T2 or should I just stick with the Admiral's Club and pay for my PDBubbly?

Thanks so much and yes, I realise this isn't related to BA, but it was the only relevant search result I found. That's why I love this forum.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Inselhuepfer
Sorry to revive this old thread, but I would like to check whether anyone has any recent experience with OW Lounges at SFO?

I'm flying AA from SFO to JFK departing T1, I understand there is an airside connector to the Iinternational terminal but those lounges only seem to open at lunchtime. Would it be worth making the trip to the Alaska lounge in T2 or should I just stick with the Admiral's Club and pay for my PDBubbly?

Thanks so much and yes, I realise this isn't related to BA, but it was the only relevant search result I found. That's why I love this forum.
IMO; it wouldn't be worth heading to Terminal 2 and re-clear security since both lounges are about the same in my point of view. Both have been opened/renovated post-COVID so they are fresh in terms of the design and the food offering is nothing special compared to an average US club.
Inselhuepfer likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 3:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
2 weeks time we are flying BA284 SFO-LHR. Just trying to get my head around this. If the BA lounge doesn't have a good reputation, what are the options for us?

One World website says there is a JAL lounge available for passengers flying any OW airline, is that an option?
Old Aug 7, 2022, 3:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by LancashireFlyer
2 weeks time we are flying BA284 SFO-LHR. Just trying to get my head around this. If the BA lounge doesn't have a good reputation, what are the options for us?

One World website says there is a JAL lounge available for passengers flying any OW airline, is that an option?
Hi,

That may be an option ( but oneworld site says it closes at 1455 so before the BA flight leaves). It may have variable hours depending on the JAL flight leaving.

Regards

TBS
LancashireFlyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.