Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int値. oneworld Lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 30, 2015, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: J.Edward
Los Angeles International Airport - Tom Bradley International Terminal oneworld Lounges

Location: Go airside via the North security check. Continue past the SkyTeam marked elevator / lift past the Star Alliance lounge signage and escalators to the main shops area and take the elevator to the oneworld Lounge on floor 5. (LAX / LAWA now allows passengers with same day departing boarding passes multi-terminal access.)

See AA T-4 - LAX TBIT secure airside connector open 25 Feb 2016 for airside access via the secure airside connector.

Qantas International First Lounge
Open daily: 06:30 - 23:30 [currently closed] QF F Lounge has REOPENED as of SEP 2022.

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (7)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated first departing in, or connecting from, first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum and Platinum Pro are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.

oneworld Los Angeles Lounge
Open daily: 14:00 - 20:45

Amenities:
Computer connected to Internet
Neil Perry dining and buffet (hot, cold, food carts)
Full staffed bar and made to order mixed drinks
Barista and coffee selections
Shower suites (9)

Access rules:
Traveling on a oneworld marketed and operated business or first departing in, or connecting from, business or first class on a oneworld international flight of over 5 hours,
or
traveling in business or first class on a three-class domestic flight
or
a oneworld Sapphire or Emerald cardholder. Exception being AA Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro, and Platinum members are not eligible for access when traveling solely on flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.
Print Wikipost

Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int値. oneworld Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2018, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by mcgahat
You like the QF showers? I have found them pretty underwhelming and always preferred the AA showers. I havent used the new setup at the Flagship lounge though.
Most times there is no wait at QF, although sunglasses may be required. Also, no tipping needed/expected.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 6:54 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by tomj888
Can anyone tell me their impression of the Flagship lounge in T4 vs Quantas FC lounge in TBIT? Which would you go to?
QANTAS FC lounge is nice, but the food is served by waitstaff, whereas the Flagship lounge is self-serve. I don't generally drink alcohol, so can't comment on the selection. While the QF lounge is nice, I get a bit antsy and prefer serving myself. The Flagship food is quite good and certainly is better than the TBIT Business Class lounge. When I've been there, they also have a live person doing some made-to-order specialty item.

However, if your flight is in TBIT, you might as well go to the QF lounge, unless you have a lot of time, don't mind a walk to T4 and have a curiosity about both, in which case you could always visit both.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 8:43 pm

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by Frequent flyer 101
QF fc lounge. The restaurant is incredible. Some of the best food you'll eat in an airport. Flagship lounge is decent, but not nearly as nice.
I'd have agreed until a couple of months ago, when the food has experienced a downgrade in the FC lounge. If you have Flagship First Dining access, than there's barely a reason to head to the QF lounge anymore.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 10:02 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by ckx2
I'd have agreed until a couple of months ago, when the food has experienced a downgrade in the FC lounge. If you have Flagship First Dining access, than there's barely a reason to head to the QF lounge anymore.
Do you believe that entrees you previously ordered are not as good, or that the menu items you liked are missing?

The offerings do change throughout the year......perhaps quarterly.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 10:15 pm

Programs: LH HON
Given my bi-weekly HKG-LAX commute for almost three years now, I've spent some fair amount of time at both QF F and T4 AC (now Flagship) lounges. I do believe the food quality has declined over the years. Most noticeably the salt & pepper squid starter and the minute steak. Both items have decreased in both portion size and quality of ingredients. The steak initially came with steak frites served as a side, then changed to long and skinny plus the horseradish butter was much better. The squid somehow doesn't taste as good anymore. The beef burger also went from what seemed to be freshly made to a frozen patty, at least it's more watery and less tasty these days.

Of course YMMV and this is just my humble personal opinion and experience. It's still a nice spot and before Flagship First Dining the only decent option to have a proper meal before someone's flight.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 10:25 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by ckx2
Given my bi-weekly HKG-LAX commute for almost three years now, I've spent some fair amount of time at both QF F and T4 AC (now Flagship) lounges. I do believe the food quality has declined over the years. Most noticeably the salt & pepper squid starter and the minute steak. Both items have decreased in both portion size and quality of ingredients. The steak initially came with steak frites served as a side, then changed to long and skinny plus the horseradish butter was much better. The squid somehow doesn't taste as good anymore. The beef burger also went from what seemed to be freshly made to a frozen patty, at least it's more watery and less tasty these days.

Of course YMMV and this is just my humble personal opinion and experience. It's still a nice spot and before Flagship First Dining the only decent option to have a proper meal before someone's flight.
Every two weeks for THREE YEARS? Wow.

You should ask for the Qantas F Lounge General Manager's email, and tell him about your experiences over the years. I've emailed him a couple of times, and he's very responsive.
deeruck likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 2:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Good news for LAX T4 (AA) flyers: Campanile will be adding Priority Pass per OMAAT. https://onemileatatime.com/priority-...ant-additions/
Old Sep 13, 2018, 2:26 pm
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
Originally Posted by ralphs
Good news for LAX T4 (AA) flyers: Campanile will be adding Priority Pass per OMAAT. https://onemileatatime.com/priority-...ant-additions/
Nice to have a Priority Pass option on that side of the airport, but the reviews of Campanile haven't been good. 177 Yelp reviews with an average of 2.

Kind of a shame, as this is nothing more than a name recycling of a famed Mid-Wilshire restaurant from the 90's and Aughts, without the people originally involved (Nancy Silverton and Mark Peel).
Old Sep 13, 2018, 2:34 pm

Programs: HH Diamond - Marriott Titanium- AA EP
Originally Posted by ralphs

used it yesterday and apparently it was the 1st day they accepted PP members. Remember if you池e flying with a companion, you each have $28 to spend
Old Sep 13, 2018, 7:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP/1mm, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by A651346

used it yesterday and apparently it was the 1st day they accepted PP members. Remember if you池e flying with a companion, you each have $28 to spend
Great news! Will they let you use it for items from grab and go? I know sometimes PP restaurants are weird about that
Old Feb 13, 2019, 7:15 pm

LAX-MIA 777 tomorrow departing from Bradley.
any QF lounge access in Bradley granted for a J ticket?
Old Feb 13, 2019, 8:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Don't think so, but try and let us know
Old Feb 14, 2019, 2:59 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by Colin
LAX-MIA 777 tomorrow departing from Bradley.
any QF lounge access in Bradley granted for a J ticket?
No. I'm hopeful when the 77W returns, the policy will change, as it used to be classed as a premium 3 class trans con along with LAX-JFK and SFO-JFK for Lounge purposes. But it became excluded when they pulled the 77W off the route. Or rather, it was no longer the exception to the exclusion.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 12:09 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
I was on the 777-200ER flights LAX-MIA-LAX last month. No lounge access for J.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 12:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by beachfan
No. I'm hopeful when the 77W returns, the policy will change, as it used to be classed as a premium 3 class trans con along with LAX-JFK and SFO-JFK for Lounge purposes. But it became excluded when they pulled the 77W off the route. Or rather, it was no longer the exception to the exclusion.
Originally Posted by bzcat
I was on the 777-200ER flights LAX-MIA-LAX last month. No lounge access for J.
As @beachfan says, the lounge access was in effect when AA flew the then 3 class, now 4 class 77W on this route. We'll see what happens when the 77W returns and if it will be considered a premium transcon flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.