Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Do you think anyone at BA takes any notice of what we say?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2018, 4:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Seems hardly a day goes by on here when someone has something negative/positive to say about British Airways and it got me wondering.

Do they?
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 4:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
I met someone who works in IT for BA on a BA flight. She knew of FlyerTalk and, although it wasnt her team, said she understood that they'd used the "site issues with BA.com" thread in the past.

For more strategic topics: whilst there are good suggestions and valid opinions here on the forum I'd suggest that the signal to noise ratio would be too low for BA to use.
HIDDY likes this.

Last edited by CloudGazer; Dec 4, 2018 at 1:49 am
Old Dec 3, 2018, 4:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
noooooope
HIDDY likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 4:28 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Probably, but not as their only source for sure; many make suggestions that would bankrupt an airline in no time.
SpeedbirdLHR, HIDDY and Mitglied like this.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 4:47 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Good question.

It’s always dangerous to presuppose cause and effect, but sometimes FT-ers do reflect wider opinion. Many BA flyers have been waiting a long time for a new / better business class seat, and it’s (finally) on its way, so we’re told.

But overall .... ? No, it’s highly doubtful they take any notice. If they did, the airline would sit much higher in consumer survey rankings ; and there would be far less need for the same cut & paste responses to service or product-related grievances.
Dover2Golf likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 4:48 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Members here campaigned hard for BA.com to show booking classes on BA.com’s fare explorer. BA’s team listened, consulted, and implemented this functionality to its website. That initiative led to this...
Attached Images  
Old Dec 3, 2018, 4:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Prospero
Members here campaigned hard for BA.com to show booking classes on BA.com’s fare explorer. BA’s team listened, consulted, and implemented this functionality to its website. That initiative led to this...
That's encouraging to see Prospero. ^
Old Dec 3, 2018, 4:53 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by HIDDY
That's encouraging to see Prospero. ^
Helps you to amass all those TP’s HIDDY ^
Old Dec 3, 2018, 4:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, Hilton Gold, Nordic Choice Gold
I think most consumer facing businesses would love to have such a valuable resource available as FT, especially one as complex as an airline. Of course FT users are not really a representative sample of BA’s customers but they are incredibly engaged with the company’s activities.

Probably the biggest challenge is having someone experienced enough in the company who can dedicate enough time to read the forum on a regular basis, identify the relevant/important (and changeable) issues, then get them put in front of the key decision makers within BA.

Unfortunately one could imagine this sort of role being given to an intern but for me it would need to be someone with a deep understanding of the commercial drivers of the BA business and why it’s business processes are the way they are. Without such a person some of the crazier ideas on here would get put in front of senior managers and the experiment would be killed.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 5:46 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
A couple of weeks after complaints went around this forum about Marmite availability, this tub made an appear in the 2 LHR Flounges

(it has mini portions within).

It could be a total coincidence.....
Old Dec 3, 2018, 6:48 pm

Yes just pick up the special hot line phone in the Concorde lounge before your flt 001 departs and you speak direct to executive offices. Yes that was a real thing long ago.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 7:37 pm

Whilst not strictly via FT (too much noise/complaining/unrealistic expectations), the key fundamental points do get brought up at the high value customer events - some of which are implemented in some shape or form.

The other being quick comments to the Supervisor/Management team in the CCR can help to get suggestions taken onboard (more specific to lounges, granted).
Old Dec 3, 2018, 7:41 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
I think we all expect things to change immediately. It’s interesting to see some things change eg why Club Europe catering changes 18 months after previous changes.

When I worked in customer relations for a company we produced a monthly log of top complains and complaints by function. The heads of those funcitions had to put steps in place to reduce complaints be that by IT fixes or procedural changes. I’d like to think BA would kind of do the same but we often get complaints re group boarding, hand baggage etc you’d think quite easy fixes but there are still inconsistencies.

I feedback after every flight. It’s mostly this was good, that was great etc but this could have been better and the responses are always specif to my feedback.

I do wonder if BA have a staff suggestion scheme where they can make suggestions which are evaluated and progressed if deemed good.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 8:33 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by CloudGazer
I met someone who works in IT for BA on a BA flight. She knew of FlyerTalk and, although it wasnt her team, said she understood that they'd used the "site issues with BA.com" thread in the past.
WestJet forum has employees that reply which is good though I hope it is not the Twitter team who have been wrong with me 98% of the time until I repeat the question and ask for a more senior person to go over the deets. I cannot imagine airlines and hotels don't look at this similarly to social media but don't reply because it winds up being all DM fodder anyway.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 9:37 pm

Like most large corporates I am sure BA do some form of social media scan.

However I imagine the real influence of FT is extremely low.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.