Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA multiple-use electronic digital baggage tags, introduced Jan 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA multiple-use electronic digital baggage tags, introduced Jan 2019

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2020, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
What route? Have you got your boarding pass? If there's a route where you can't check-in online then that could be a reason. Also go in the settings and check that your tag is still associated with your account.
Old Oct 23, 2020, 5:03 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GFL / Marriott TFL Amb
Yup route is MAN to LHR, checked in no probs, in club with luggage, tag is on the app and was working, tag option is showing unavailable and the option on the right hand side does not work
Old Aug 28, 2022, 9:28 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, AA FF
Question Requesting FlyerTalk Community Input Regarding TAG by British Airways

I would like to get the opinion of the community regarding the TAG - issued by BA. Is it worth it? If anyone has used it - how well (or not) did it work? Thank you!
Old Aug 28, 2022, 9:35 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...an-19-a-5.html

Most people seemed to have either ignored them or given up on them, but some discussion in this thread when first introduced.

Maybe too many on this forum are hbo types.

Personally, i doubt i will fork.out 60 quid for one. Typical scotsman!!
mikeyfly and m8_rotate like this.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 10:56 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott GFL
And given that there are now at least one other option that is wholly independent of the airline, BA either needs to flush it or improve it significantly in my eyes.

But that is my opinion, YMMV.

LcS
Old Sep 2, 2023, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I managed to get this working a few times after COVID in 2020 but after that it was errors in the app whenever I tried it. BA customer relations were not very helpful at the time just giving me a list of suggestions that didn't work.

After giving up for a while I decided to revisit this recently and noticed that now there's no mention of TAG in the app. As we were promised a tag that would last for thousands of uses has anyone managed to either get a refund from BA for this or maybe some Avios as a sort of thanks for being an early adopter and giving it a go?

It was mostly pointless in the current form, but was supposed to support connections and RFID tracking (the hardware was already there) in a future update which could have been useful (although many use AirTags for this now). With support of more airlines (at least BA partners) and a facility to blank the screen so you don't have to detach it when using an airline that doesn't support it, I could see it being more useful in airports with large self service drop off areas.

There's a Dutch based company that's doing digital bag tags now and they have more partners signed up (including AS and QR): https://industry.bagtag.com/partners/airlines/ should BA jump on that bandwagon hopefully they'll not charge those with the current ones for replacements.
BA or bust and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Sep 3, 2023, 2:55 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
It took me a very long time, and lots of emails, but I eventually got a refund and sent them back. What a complete waste of time.
T8191 and SxMan like this.
Old Sep 3, 2023, 8:27 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, LH Sen, EK & VS Gold, Amex Cent
Hah totally forgot about them! I had ordered like 6 for family in excitment. Don't think they were ever used, literally no idea where they are.

The Qantas system of having a bespoke permanent tag was great. Automatically routed if its on your bag and registered at checkin. Always seemed like such a great idea to me.
Old Sep 3, 2023, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mcarbl
It took me a very long time, and lots of emails, but I eventually got a refund and sent them back. What a complete waste of time.
Did the refund come from BA or ViewTag (if they still exist)?
Old Sep 3, 2023, 10:40 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by layz
Did the refund come from BA or ViewTag (if they still exist)?
It was from ViewTAG. This was part of the problem - deciding who should refund me. I argued that I paid BA and so my contract was with them, but they said it was VT… eventually, VT refunded me once they’d received the tags back, posted to their overseas address at my expense. It was a con all round.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.