Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA multiple-use electronic digital baggage tags, introduced Jan 2019

BA multiple-use electronic digital baggage tags, introduced Jan 2019

Old Jun 15, 2019, 1:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Anyone tried to buy one of the test tags? I went through to PayPal, but then thought better of it....
Old Jun 15, 2019, 1:34 am

Yes, it gets stuck at the shipping page. Don't think they are quite ready.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 6:08 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Not totally convinced by this, charging so much for something that ultimately saves BA money / staff rather strikes me as the same as a supermarket asking you to buy your own scanner if you want to use the self-checkout.

Benefit seems to be relatively limited if you have status and therefore don't have to queue for a long time to check luggage - unfortunately, those are also surely the very people they are targeting with the product.
Actually I don't think it'll save that much since they will likely still need to check IDs when you're dropping your bags off...
Old Jun 17, 2019, 11:38 am

Programs: BA Gold
Simplify your Check-In with TAG

Couldn't find any reference to this with a search but please merge if I missed it.

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...igital-bag-tag

TAG is an exciting digital innovation that promises to improve your journeys. A durable and effective solution that will simplify your airport experience so you can get on with enjoying your time away.

Whether you’re travelling on business or gearing up for a holiday, we’re committed to improving your airport experience. That’s why we’ve invested in new developments like biometric boarding and upgraded lounges to guarantee customers a more streamlined and seamless journey through the airport.

TAG is a reusable digital bag tag that seamlessly connects your luggage to your smartphone. Simply attach your personal TAG to your luggage before bag drop and link it with your BA app to ensure your details travel with your bag on its journey.

Available to pre-order from June 2019, TAG can be used over 3,000 times, making it a valuable time saver for frequent flyers.

TAG doesn’t require you to screw-mount it to your luggage or use adhesive materials. Instead, it works more like a traditional luggage label, meaning you can transfer it to whichever piece of luggage you choose to travel with.
Ł63 if you pre-order, Ł80 from October.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 11:43 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...-jan-19-a.html
Old Jun 17, 2019, 11:48 am

Sigh. Why does a forum search for "tag" in the post title not return that thread.
stephenjc and groenroos like this.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 11:49 am

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by Steve_ZA
Couldn't find any reference to this with a search but please merge if I missed it.

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...igital-bag-tag

Ł63 if you pre-order, Ł80 from October.
Sounds like a positive enhancement, especially for frequent travelers.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 2:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Steve_ZA
Sigh. Why does a forum search for "tag" in the post title not return that thread.
Rule number 1 of using the Flyertalk search function is...

Use Google instead.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 3:36 pm

Programs: BA - Gold, EK - Gold
I am a total gadget freak and I buy the latest and greatest of everything.

As as long as it has a use.

I don’t understand the use of this. I really don’t feel like it will improve anything.

It wont decrease the chances of my bag getting lost ... it is not a tracker. All it shows is the same info that is shown on a printed label? And throughout my lifetime never has a label on my luggage come off.

So it perhaps might save me a couple of seconds when checking in? Whilst they are checking my passport?

seems a waste of time and money.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 9:21 pm

The website is fully functional now, so I have been able to complete an order.
Have ordered a couple as my next trip is holiday, so my partner will need one too or it will be completely pointless. Hopefully they'll arrive in the next couple of weeks.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 1:59 am

Originally Posted by firstlight

. And what about tag hacking so the luggage goes to the hackers destination of choice? Poor value proposition...
Funnily enough that was my first thought, could I in some way short check my luggage using this Way too expensive an item for the purpose and benefit, also how will it ever display my vital bronze status.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 2:04 am

Programs: BA Gold / OW Emerald
I might order it if BA says they're liable for damage to electronic tags during transit, see how much they like it then
HMPS and T8191 like this.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 5:55 am

Programs: BA Gold4life, ICH RA, Hyatt Gold and others
Originally Posted by LBP2
The website is fully functional now, so I have been able to complete an order.
Have ordered a couple as my next trip is holiday, so my partner will need one too or it will be completely pointless. Hopefully they'll arrive in the next couple of weeks.
The website is no longer functioning!!
Old Jun 18, 2019, 6:02 am

Originally Posted by Mutu
The website is no longer functioning!!
Yikes - they have billed my Amex though
Old Jun 18, 2019, 6:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
One point to note from the FAQs is that the TAG doesn't currently work for connecting flights.
T8191 likes this.

Last edited by Physci; Jun 18, 2019 at 6:20 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.