Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2018, 6:31 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Ticket_Master
Route Miles
80 TP?

140 TP?
Interesting possibilities for TP earnings. There definitely won't be any short haul + 80 TP routes though. SH+ is only for BA flights, the excpetion being UK-HEL routes which includes AY UK-HEL flights due to the JBA between BA and AY.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 6:37 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by LupineChemist
IG with QR's involvement is another one that could be interesting and Central Europe is lacking since AB died.
I would love it...
Old Nov 28, 2018, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by KARFA
Interesting possibilities for TP earnings. There definitely won't be any short haul + 80 TP routes though. SH+ is only for BA flights, the excpetion being UK-HEL routes which includes AY UK-HEL flights due to the JBA between BA and AY.
I definitely don't see the route network (especially multiple connections) that would make them competitive with QR or AA as TP runs...

Nor have I ever seen J fares so low that I've thought "shame I can't earn TPs for it"
Old Nov 28, 2018, 6:43 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Originally Posted by KARFA
Joining OW might come with codeshare agreements with the likes of BA though, which could open the door to SH+. Granted, a few layered assumptions in that one.

Speculation in the comments at OMAAT about Phillipines Airlines, too - fairly close links to CX already. Network wise, I have to think that RAM plug the biggest gap on the map though.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by etiene
Joining OW might come with codeshare agreements with the likes of BA though, which could open the door to SH+. Granted, a few layered assumptions in that one.
I think that’s very unlikely SH+ routes would happen on RAM. As noted the only case where they exist beyond BA flights is in a JBA with AY on UK-HEL. The most BA will have with RAM is a codeshare agreement and there are no other instances where that includes SH+ routes.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 7:41 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SKT-DK
Okay, let's discuss a rumour saying Uzbekistan Airlines and Bangkok Airways are joining too - or SQ jumping ship to oneworld. Point is, this is based on rumours and the adoption process for a new member will take time - likely a year or more for integration. So what is the point of taking a guess on TP achievement levels based on pure guesswork now?
Cos it's fun?
wrp96 and VFRonTop like this.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 7:47 am

Okay, let's discuss a rumour saying Uzbekistan Airlines and Bangkok Airways are joining too - or SQ jumping ship to oneworld. Point is, this is based on rumours and the adoption process for a new member will take time - likely a year or more for integration. So what is the point of taking a guess on TP achievement levels based on pure guesswork now?
Your King Canute impression trying to stop the tide of speculation on FT is very commendable but I fear will end in the same failure
sahajesh, Sealink and VFRonTop like this.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 7:52 am

Are you contractually obliged to read this thread? I don't quite get why everyone has to only discuss things you're interested in?
Old Nov 28, 2018, 11:20 am

I wouldn’t be in a rush to use RAM regardless of TP’s! An NGO I do volunteer work with in Africa forbid their staff/volunteers using them (the only airline with such a restriction) as they’ve had so many issues with lost/delayed bags, poorly handled missed connections etc.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by Lefly
I would love it...
So would I, because I think that IG (now known as Air Italy) has got some interesting possibilities for redemptions. For me here in central Europe anyway. They appear to not have a huge European network though.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 4:55 pm

OW must be really out of their mind to accept RAM. Nice flights, but only in the air. When on the ground - chaos everywhere. Delayed flights, cancelled flights without any staff to help all night long in domestic area...
This is a great way to sellout their reputation.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by etiene
Network wise, I have to think that RAM plug the biggest gap on the map though.
I agree that RAM could cover a big gap in the network, but I would argue more that central Continental Europe being the biggest gap for OW presently. Currently, we only have BA, IB and AY, which no one can argue that they have conveniently located hubs (LON/MAD/HEL) for intra-EU flying. It is a true shame that AB went under, since they did offer some possibilities.

Then again, the LH group pretty much have central Continental Europe sewn up, with prices to match.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by seaskybound
The forum should instead focus on important things such as the viscosity of the hollandaise in the CCR (the OP is classic BAFT, enjoy!)
You think you have problems?? In SEAsia, they don't put any lemon into the hollandaise. I live in Thailand. The hollandaise is just this rich, creamy, buttery, cholesterol-laden sauce that you pour on things like eggs (or, if you're like me, drink from a small glass), but not even a hint of lemon!!

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The actual story here is that Alaska Airlines is looking at oneworld connect membership, the second tier of oneworld membership, which looks like a nearly full alliance relationship with any sponsoring airlines (and I would hazard that BA would be happy to sponsor), ....
And importantly, no validity for OneWorld Explorer fares.

And that transition out is announced to last for a full year, so anything into oneworld on that front is unlikely to happen anytime soon despite AA increasing their investments in CZ.
AA is doing more than just increasing its investment. There are all sorts of new codeshares. Link.

Originally Posted by VFRonTop
Let's discuss the actual rumour, based on the information we have:
- There is a confirmed press conference at oneworld headquarters announcing the addition of a full member.
- The CEO of Royal Air Moroc has confirmed he will be in NYC at the came time as the press conference
- Royal Air Maroc already codeshare with IB and QR and already uses the avios programme
- Anecdotal but the addition of RAM would also be the first African carrier in oneworld
- Aer Lingus have previously mentioned joining but that news has cooled considerably since first announced and potentially they may also join as a connect member
- China Southern have announced their departure of Skyteam but as previously mentioned this will be a long process and if they were to join oneworld it would be a quite lead in time so potentially the press conference in week is a bit premature.
So given that Alaska is not coming in as a new full member, and CZ needs some time to transition out of SkyTeam, the only logical choice left for a press conference in the first week of December would be RAM, no?
Old Nov 28, 2018, 8:10 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
It's Flybe. Since they lost Loganair they're desperate to increase their code share network...
Old Nov 28, 2018, 10:06 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum Elite
EZY as OneWorld Connect. With retrospective TP and miles. Gold here I come...…
etiene likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.