Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA or Malaysia to KUL?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2018, 8:38 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum, United Premier 1K, HSBC Premier, AVIS President's Club, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
The MH A350 is pretty comfortable, I'd take it over the BA dreamliner (although I've only been in PE and business on the latter).

On MH generally, even in the dark days of 2014/2015 following MH17 and MH370, de-listing and restructuring I only ever had good experiences with them.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 12:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by bisonrav
Some discounted economy MH fares from London to Kul don't earn, I found this out the hard way. So check fare class before committing if this is a factor. Otherwise MH is OK in economy, IFE slightly more limited, service usually good.

Consider SIN as a route too. Very easy and cheap to get to KUL and you get the BA A380.
to be honest, in y, if the nonstop price is good I’d never consider the hassle of adding a superfluous connection to fly a different aircraft.

For the op unless you really need the avios I’d go MH without hesitation on that one (including if it’s subbed for their older a380)
Old Nov 23, 2018, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by APUBleed
I know this is not based in reason, but is anyone else on the "never fly Malaysia" bandwagon after MH370 and MH17? I just don't know if I could.
I have flown on quite a few airlines which have (and arguably should have!!!) worried me wayyy more than MH!
Globaliser and rossmacd like this.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 12:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
Have a look at Sri Lankan for KUL and CGK - have to say really impressed with them.

Also so you’ve got QR
Old Nov 23, 2018, 1:48 am

Originally Posted by APUBleed
I know this is not based in reason, but is anyone else on the "never fly Malaysia" bandwagon after MH370 and MH17? I just don't know if I could.
They were both 777s. Presumably you won't fly on those either.

Although there's a great degree that we don't know, it would appear neither incident was the fault of the airline. Refusing to fly them is superstition, nothing else.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 2:06 am

Originally Posted by ppp909
Although there's a great degree that we don't know, it would appear neither incident was the fault of the airline. Refusing to fly them is superstition, nothing else.
Agreed. Even in the direct aftermath I was surprised that many of my friends thought I was mad for flying MH.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 3:39 am
Original Poster

Thanks for all the replies.
The flight will be long enough after my current year so that the TPs won't be that helpful (I don't fly enough to get status most years anyway, I rely on the other half for lounge access when travelling with her!), so I've booked with MH. The BA price had gone up even more when I last looked which made the choice easier.
I did fork out for an extra legroom seat on the overnight outbound

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.