Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The most odd things seen in a BA Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2018, 8:00 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by bivinco
Concord room. Saw it several times. People sitting on the lounge sofas (in atrium, outside the glass) and putting their feet’s with shoes on the big table. Lounge worker did not say anything. Unacceptable behavior of the guest.
Indeed. Shoes are filthy things. Proper etiquette (or even common decency) requires that one remove one's shoes before placing one's feet on furniture. (It's also more convenient, as one can then wave one's toes in greeting.)
WickedStepMother likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 12:00 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, EY Plat, etc
A couple of very bright video advertising screens slap bang in the middle of LHR GF (which has also been densified at some point over the past few months).

The combination of more small seats, tacky advertising and the occasional pop up shop does it no favours. New favourite spot is the tucked away window bay by the entrance from TFW - very calm.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 8:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave

Neverthless, we still appear to be stuck in the 1990s.
IIRC for some bizarre reason there’s 2 copies of Mick Foley’s autobiography on the shelves at NCL just incase an abundance of WWF(E) fans are passing through...
Old Nov 19, 2018, 11:59 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Me...
Old Nov 19, 2018, 1:33 pm
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
A bloke sexting with a girl on Facetime on his I-Pad about 3 weeks ago in the LGW lounge. Unfortunately his earphone jack was only half inserted (now there is a fine euphemism) so the audio from her could be heard for about half a minute by those of us close to him. The bloke next to me went over and had a quiet word with him so he inserted his jack all the way.

I was tempted to go over and pull the earphone plug out (and the I-pad power cord) but this time thought better of it
Old Nov 19, 2018, 1:45 pm

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Originally Posted by BOH
I was tempted to go over and pull the earphone plug out (and the I-pad power cord) but this time thought better of it
Wouldn't it be more polite to ask if you can listen, rather than just pulling the plug?
Old Nov 20, 2018, 2:41 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Originally Posted by LCY8737
Wouldn't it be more polite to ask if you can listen, rather than just pulling the plug?
I did neither!
Old Nov 20, 2018, 5:31 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Originally Posted by wanderingjock
a cheeky wee mouse; GF, LHR 10pm
I actually caught one last night, in a humane trap, by hand. Meaning I walked into the kitchen, saw the little dude sitting there, he / she didn't appear particularly bothered by my presence so I walked back out and got a humane trap and managed to herd it in. I was amazed I managed to get it to work almost immediately. I thought it was going to bolt and that would be that, but no.
Winning!!!!
BOH and wanderingjock like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.