Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The most odd things seen in a BA Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2018, 7:31 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The Oxford Thesaurus, for public reference.
For doing The Times crossword while you wait in the lounge?
Old Nov 17, 2018, 7:49 pm

Concord room. Saw it several times. People sitting on the lounge sofas (in atrium, outside the glass) and putting their feet’s with shoes on the big table. Lounge worker did not say anything. Unacceptable behavior of the guest.
LTN Phobia likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 2:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat
Last week in the LGW First lounge there was a waiter who was actually cheerful! Totally freaked me out! He was walking around with a great big smile on his face topping up glasses! He didn’t even make a ‘face’ when I asked for one! Very odd!
Old Nov 18, 2018, 2:31 am

Originally Posted by mikeijay
Last week in the LGW First lounge there was a waiter who was actually cheerful! Totally freaked me out! He was walking around with a great big smile on his face topping up glasses! He didn’t even make a ‘face’ when I asked for one! Very odd!
Quite rude of you to ask for him to make a face
'andad likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 2:40 am

Programs: BA Bronze SPG
Originally Posted by Jerseylily2
In Gatwick club lounge and I kid you not some ladies are on the upper floor using heated tongs to curl their hair. Well I never!
i was in the LGW lounge after an early flight from EDI and had decided to shower. There were no hairdryers in the cubicles so I asked and was given a hairdryer. The staff member then took me into the business centre and plugged it in there and expected me to dry my hair whilst people were working. I was embarrassed to say the least and apologised to them all after I’d finished.

I expected the LGW lounge to have built in hairdryers in the showers like LHR has but no.....

Old Nov 18, 2018, 2:42 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Menus at LHR GF.

M
Old Nov 18, 2018, 2:59 am

Programs: GGL/CCR
Fabrizio (Sp?) Is wonderful
Old Nov 18, 2018, 3:42 am

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum

I tend to say hello to them rather than complain on here how grumpy they are. They generally respond cheerily to a friendly greeting.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 4:13 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by roberto99
Hey, where were we supposed to leave it when we were done???
I should have guessed that it was yours. Politeness precludes me making uncharitable remarks regarding the size

This is a family show
Old Nov 18, 2018, 4:14 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by FEMW

i was in the LGW lounge after an early flight from EDI and had decided to shower. There were no hairdryers in the cubicles so I asked and was given a hairdryer. The staff member then took me into the business centre and plugged it in there and expected me to dry my hair whilst people were working. I was embarrassed to say the least and apologised to them all after I’d finished.

I expected the LGW lounge to have built in hairdryers in the showers like LHR has but no.....

Fancy traveling without your hairdresser! Serves you right!
Old Nov 18, 2018, 4:45 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Mikey Mike Mike
At Heathrow - a clean lounge with clean and newish furniture, and nice toilets
T5 north and south Galleries have toilets I try to avoid visiting. Spacious and decently provided, but consistently smell horrendous. Or am I simply unlucky in following someone who has had 10 pints and curry the night before?
Old Nov 18, 2018, 4:51 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Strangest thing I've seen was a bloke self-serving a gin and tonic. Must have been about 8-10 shots of gin and a tiny splash of tonic. Finished the entire drink in about 5 minutes then departed the lounge.
HIDDY likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 9:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
The most odd things seen in a BA Lounge

Maybe 20? Not that many
Old Nov 18, 2018, 9:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Some smug looking BAEC Gold card holder walking about T5 GF with this stuck on his bag.

Old Nov 18, 2018, 1:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Some smug looking BAEC Gold card holder walking about T5 GF with this stuck on his bag.

The incorrect centre alignment is outrageously disconcerting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.