Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA 6315, how many tier points

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2018, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

BA 6315, how many tier points

BA 6315 CPT-PLZ-DUR operated by Comair. In business do you get 40 tier points or 80?
Old Nov 11, 2018, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by andymcdonnell
BA 6315 CPT-PLZ-DUR operated by Comair. In business do you get 40 tier points or 80?
Hi,

I would think it would be 40 tps as it is the same flight number ( not sure if you got 2 boading passes ( ie CPT-PLZ and PLZ-DUR) for different seats would you get 2 sets of 40)

Regards

TBS
Old Nov 11, 2018, 2:07 pm
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
Is your ticket for CPT-DUR? Or does it specify two sectors CPT-PLZ & PLZ-DUR? My guess is the former, so just 40TP.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 2:15 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
If you book as one ticket, and stay on the aircraft at Port Elizabeth (as you will be invited to do), then it's 40 TPs. If you take a very small risk and make two bookings, leave the aircraft and go back round landside, through the tiny airport and back through security, I suspect you get 2 x 40 TPs. But it's not something I've done.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
If you book as one ticket, and stay on the aircraft at Port Elizabeth (as you will be invited to do), then it's 40 TPs. If you take a very small risk and make two bookings, leave the aircraft and go back round landside, through the tiny airport and back through security, I suspect you get 2 x 40 TPs. But it's not something I've done.
What!. You're slipping
Old Nov 11, 2018, 2:44 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by rapidex
What!. You're slipping
Actually I've done the next best thing: I've got off that particular service, scuttled back round to airside and up to the Bidvest lounge (photos now in the Lounges guide) on a connecting flight, just it was not going to CPT. And I made it to the lounge well before the last DUR-PLZ passenger left the 737, since one has a clear view of the apron from that lounge. So I can say it's nearly risk free.

I hope that suffices.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Actually I've done the next best thing: I've got off that particular service, scuttled back round to airside and up to the Bidvest lounge (photos now in the Lounges guide) on a connecting flight, just it was not going to CPT. And I made it to the lounge well before the last DUR-PLZ passenger left the 737, since one has a clear view of the apron from that lounge. So I can say it's nearly risk free.

I hope that suffices.
You're forgiven on this occasion

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.