Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The curious +2 week flight time change & how will it affect me?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The curious +2 week flight time change & how will it affect me?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2018, 9:06 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold
I raised this issue with BA 4 days ago. They insisted the flight today departs at 1915. I questioned it a fair few times via Twitter, got pushed back every time. We arrive at RAK, and...

Old Nov 4, 2018, 10:45 am

And now, after 2 hours of hanging around, the Pearl Lounge has run out of beer and wine.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
@TheFlyingCyclist. Ughhh! Could you give me some data points on the airport. What were queue times to get into the airport / to check-in and what was the lounge like ( apart from running out of booze of course!) We brought transfer pickup time forward an hour just to be safe. Also have heard conflicting reports regarding security outside airport not accepting details on app and requiring print outs, did you find this to be the case?

Thanks a lot in advance and hope the trip fun despite return flight time issues.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by TWCLAM
@TheFlyingCyclist. Ughhh! Could you give me some data points on the airport. What were queue times to get into the airport / to check-in and what was the lounge like ( apart from running out of booze of course!) We brought transfer pickup time forward an hour just to be safe. Also have heard conflicting reports regarding security outside airport not accepting details on app and requiring print outs, did you find this to be the case?

Thanks a lot in advance and hope the trip fun despite return flight time issues.
Hi

The queue to get in was about 5mins. 3 doors operating, all the same queue.

Some food in the lounge (chicken, moussaka) but it ran out entirely at 7pm. Booze as above, a total joke.

We didn’t have to show extrernal security anything, only internally.

Be prepared for an immense queue on arrival at immigration - there is a fast track lane on the left which was about 30 mins queue; the main queue was nearly 3 hours from someone we spoke to at the exit. BA club Europe seemed to give us access to the fast track.

Security queues on departure were fine. Geneva can be worse.

TFC
TWCLAM likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 4:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Very much appreciate that info and maybe we can change the rtn transfer time back so we don't have to get up so early. Using fast track immigration sounds like a wise idea.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.