Wiki Posts
Search

Swearing passenger ruined first F

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2018, 1:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
It also makes it much harder to manage children with their own seat when you are seated apart, or even in the middle pair where the access to your neighbouring seat isn't optimum.
For that reason I don’t think we would travel F beyond him turning 2. The middle pair in CW would be the best seats IMO from that age.

To a few other people’s posts. Feeling theatened is subjective to each individual in this world. Did I feel at risk of him having another outburst? Yes I did. Of course there are different levels of feeling theatened and what you feel in threat of. I did not tell the cabin crew member I feared he would do again. Maybe this would of resulted in a different outcome. But none of this changes how I felt on the flight.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 3:22 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Air France doesn't allow pets in Business / Affaires but does allow them in other cabins, so long as they are under 8 kgs, including in La Première.
That is interesting and thank you all - So youre allowed to take them in F but not in Affaires. How bizarre.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 3:39 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
That is interesting and thank you all - So youre allowed to take them in F but not in Affaires. How bizarre.
Maybe stowage issues on long haul? I don't think pooches and felines like being in the overhead locker and they might have nowhere to stow a beast-carrier in Affaires under the seat in front of them or by one's feet.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 5:21 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Platinum; Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
Maybe stowage issues on long haul? I don't think pooches and felines like being in the overhead locker and they might have nowhere to stow a beast-carrier in Affaires under the seat in front of them or by one's feet.
I feel like a UA joke would be appropriate here, but can't think of any
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 5:31 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Actually - and this is only from AF and VY - you have to put them at your feet so that may well be the reason.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 8:00 am

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
I don't think pooches and felines like being in the overhead locker and they might have nowhere to stow a beast-carrier in Affaires under the seat in front of them or by one's feet.
I can't find it now, but I remember reading about how on a US carrier the cabin crew insisted a dog in it's carrier go in the overhead. At the end of the flight the dog was dead, I believe it got too cold and froze.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 8:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Sixt Gold
Originally Posted by RG1X
I'm still yet to see a good example of why this is the case. Are the people who can't afford to fly in F less deserving of quiet?
Well...yes?

But I assume it’s the other way round. You pay premium to get, among other things, more quiet and privacy. Although there is no limitation and wealthy parents can book their kids in F should they wish to do so, the average J or F traveller assumes that she/he will be less likely to be bothered by families. If that happens, nothing will excuse rudeness, but I do think it perfectly normal for those individuals to feel uncomfortable.

when you fly economy, you are naturally more open to experience the full spectrum of potential travel related issues, including babies and loud families.

I really do not see the scandal here...
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 8:52 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Jagboi
I can't find it now, but I remember reading about how on a US carrier the cabin crew insisted a dog in it's carrier go in the overhead. At the end of the flight the dog was dead, I believe it got too cold and froze.
I can't remember about freezing but I do remember reading about a pet that was put in the overhead locker at the cabin crew's insistence and came out dead at the other end in the US.

Now it's time to deploy the customary Royal Jordanian Falcon Policy link, including the falcon limits:

https://www.rj.com/en/info-and-tips/...ying-with-pets

Falcons in Cabin
Falcons may be carried in the cabin on limited occasions, especially in the Gulf area, provided the following is adhered to:

Falcons can be carried in Economy (Y/C) class only.
Falcons must be properly hooded.
Seats blocked for falcons and handlers must be window seats in the AFT areas of Y/C zone.
A chain or rope must be securely attached to the aircraft seat and the leg of each bird.
Valid health certificates and all other entry documents required by country of entry or transit must accompany the bird(s).
Falcons are accepted at the owner's risk
The reservation must be arranged at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled flight departure time and an approval is required from RJ's Systems & Procedures Section.

Important Notice
Charges
One falcon is charged three times the normal excess baggage rate. More than one falcon per handler will require the booking of an adjacent seat.

Maximum: two falcons per seat.

Max number of falcons per aircraft type

Narrow bodied aircraft: 10 FALCONS
Wide bodied aircraft: 15 FALCONS
Rodents are prohibited carriage on all RJ flights.
P.S. It has been noted that falcons are only allowed in economy class. Will falcons sue for discrimination?
Jermyn and Ned1968 like this.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 9:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, B6 Mosiac, VS, AA, DL (and a legacy UA 2MM)
Originally Posted by frandrake

You pay premium to get, among other things, more quiet and privacy. Although there is no limitation and wealthy parents can book their kids in F should they wish to do so, the average J or F traveller assumes that she/he will be less likely to be bothered by families. If that happens, nothing will excuse rudeness, but I do think it perfectly normal for those individuals to feel uncomfortable.

when you fly economy, you are naturally more open to experience the full spectrum of potential travel related issues, including babies and loud families.
Yes, all true! And it's fine for people in C/F to bring their kids along, However, recognizing the above statement, they have an extra duty of care to keep their little one under control as much as reasonably possible. This may include moving to the galley temporarily for example if an infant is screaming etc - just like you would do in a quiet restaurant. It really irks me (but not to the point of profanity) when a toddler is left to crawl/run around the premium cabin.

Luckily, most parents I've observed in C or F are very considerate of others - it's the few who don't really give a *** about other people who are the problem.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 9:04 am

Indeed Falcons originating in UAE are issued with their own green passports to control smuggling.

I once sat next to one on a GF flight from Sharjah to Bahrain, bit surreal, and GF have now stopped carrying the birds.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 11:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold; Le Club Accorhotels Plat; Marriott Gold
I realise that this is a frequent flyer forum, but I was still very unpleasantly surprised about a sense of entitlement of some VIP’s here. In an nutshell, they think that babies either shouldn’t fly or if they do, they should be able to control their noise/behaviour. Genius!!!
m3red and thecoogan like this.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 2:10 pm

I've genuinely never considered being away from families part of booking F / J... because I've regularly seen families in F / J.

Maybe I'm on the wrong flights?

Like I said before, when airlines state that certain cabins are childless, that's when you can rightfully expect not to have to deal with them.

Edit - I'm actually starting to wonder if it's the fact that I don't have kids that means I'm not so easily offended by their presence!
rickg523 likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 5:38 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Nicoolio
I used to fly multiple times per month with my boss on NetJets and it was amazing how many things he found he could complain about. I've had flights with all sorts of rude employees and disruptions and I definitely have been hot under the collar at the time like OP, but I think a lot of this is about what a person wants to let bother them. For my boss, even small miscues in the catering or kids running around the FBO set him off and had him getting his PA to complain. Yes almonds and cashews instead of macadamia nuts is a big deal

Just another case of someone getting too big for his own boots.

Seriously, I get it... he likely made a lot of money. From my own experience though, many of the bigger earners in companies (and yes, I'm a little disillusioned with companies) are not the most efficient or most capable. They often tended to be bullies or played politics instead of doing actual work. If they vanished with a snap of my fingers, and everyone else just continued what they were doing, the company would still function and their absence would hardly be noticed (other than it's a better work environment to be in).
Old Nov 8, 2018, 5:48 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by frandrake

Well...yes?

But I assume it’s the other way round. You pay premium to get, among other things, more quiet and privacy. Although there is no limitation and wealthy parents can book their kids in F should they wish to do so, the average J or F traveller assumes that she/he will be less likely to be bothered by families. If that happens, nothing will excuse rudeness, but I do think it perfectly normal for those individuals to feel uncomfortable.

I really do not see the scandal here...

No.

All you have paid for is extra space and a little more service to get from A to B. If you're lucky, caring parents with a baby are seated inside your cabin. If you're unlucky, you'll be seated in a cabin with a grumpy company executive, a drunk celeb or someone with an attitude (anyone who thinks they're someone but they're really no one).
Old Nov 8, 2018, 5:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It also makes it much harder to manage children with their own seat when you are seated apart, or even in the middle pair where the access to your neighbouring seat isn't optimum.

I have often seen problems with children in F repeatedly undoing their seat belt and trying to get up, with cabin crew needed to stay by their seat to manage the situation until immediately before take-off, in some cases with the child throwing a huge tantrum over the seat belt, and then return immediately afterwards to put it back on, all because, of course, the parents can't reach them because they had to be strapped in. I have also seen the same thing in turbulence.

In many ways, young children (perhaps under 6 or so) need to be restricted to seats within immediate and unrestricted reach of their parents for their (children's) own safety, and perhaps in a seat where they would have difficulties 'escaping' without going over the parents so that they can't just undo their seat belt and get into the aisle during take-off/turbulence etc., which I have seen quite a few times. I had to press the call button to alert the crew (I essentially NEVER press the call button unless it's really urgent like that) a number of times to put them back in the seat. It creates undue workload for crew and extra risk for children, and extra risk for parents who may get out of their seat to tend to their children.
My bigger concern is that unsecured children, including lap kids as well as the ones who refuse to keep their seat belts fastened when required, are a risk to other passengers (such as me me me) sitting near by as well as the cabin crew who sometimes take personal risks to walk to the child and try to restrain him/her.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.