Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

£100 off Longhaul Y for 5,000 Avios - this weekend only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

£100 off Longhaul Y for 5,000 Avios - this weekend only

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2018, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by bisonrav
I scanned a few hotels, and the best compromise for location/price/quality seemed to be the Radisson. There are a couple of Hiltons but they were much more expensive and the redemption rates were unattractive. Seems like a couple of people have reached the same conclusion as me by different routes.
That's good to know. I did notice the points redemption rates were rather high. If the Radisson is decent then I'll look at that if I decide to go ahead with this.

Is UUA available on the 2 class midhaul planes or does it not work as there's no WTP to upgrade to?
Old Oct 21, 2018, 9:55 am

Well, I have also opted for Beirut- from Leeds, not the same weekend.

And both my husband and I are taking separate trips to San Francisco- £274 from manchester. Long trip in economy!

We are also both going to Toronto between Christmas and New Year.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 10:11 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
No idea about UuA, I've grabbed a Y seat with legroom and quite happy staying put for a day flight unless there's a good AOUP offer. It books into N so I would have thought UuA will be available to the next class.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 10:23 am

Programs: Mucci, BA GGL/CCR
I'm afraid I can't get excited about this offer although I can see why others might. I don't want to fly for 5 hours or more in economy even if it is in some cases very cheap.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 11:27 am

Thanks for the tip. Booked a weekend in New York for my birthday for less than £220 each.

Was hoping to upgrade to WT+ but says the booking class can’t be. Booked into O. Not a massive problem but did I do something wrong?

I’m silver to the end of the year thanks to Qatar so have selected some decent seats. Will these hold once I drop to Bronze?
Old Oct 21, 2018, 12:12 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
The lowest economy buckets can't be upgraded, and also generate less avios and TPs. O class is one of these.

I believe there is sometimes a sweep that may dislodge you from selected seats. You may get lucky. But anyway it's a great price and a great offer.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 12:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by bisonrav
The lowest economy buckets can't be upgraded, and also generate less avios and TPs. O class is one of these.
Q and S G are the other two, to save anyone searching.

Last edited by Deltus; Oct 21, 2018 at 2:44 pm
Old Oct 21, 2018, 2:25 pm
ECR

Originally Posted by Deltus
Q and S and the other two, to save anyone searching.
I think S class can be upgraded. I think it is O, Q and G that can't be upgraded with avios.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 2:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Excuse my ignorance but I did not receive the email and cannot see ts&cs on BA's website. Does this offer end midnight tonight or midnight tomorrow?
Old Oct 21, 2018, 2:42 pm

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by Elevate
Excuse my ignorance but I did not receive the email and cannot see ts&cs on BA's website. Does this offer end midnight tonight or midnight tomorrow?
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/executive-club/offers/gift-box

Midnight October 22nd, so tomorrow
Elevate likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 2:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by ECR
I think S class can be upgraded. I think it is O, Q and G that can't be upgraded with avios.
Oops, you're right - corrected.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 4:03 pm

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Ive jumped on to the Beirut bandwagon too...out on the 9th and back on the 11th. No avios availability to upgrade the flights so will wait and see if a POUG appears or not- no real need for the tier points just haven't done club on the a321 bar a few domestic hops. The Raddison also looks like a decent hotel for these dates coming up at £70 a night.

Just done the best price guarantee - found the same fare on travelpack.com too so will wait and see on that. Nice find bisonrav
bisonrav likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 4:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Avis Preferred, Hilton Gold
Is there any way to force the BA website to sell you a fare in (K, L, M, N, S, V) selling classes?

AFAICT, you can select 'lowest price' which results in O class on the flights I'm looking at, or 'full tier points' which results in H class.

How do I get it to show me the cheapest upgradeable class - is the only way to use book & upgrade?
Old Oct 21, 2018, 5:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mickeyjaw
Is there any way to force the BA website to sell you a fare in (K, L, M, N, S, V) selling classes?

AFAICT, you can select 'lowest price' which results in O class on the flights I'm looking at, or 'full tier points' which results in H class.

How do I get it to show me the cheapest upgradeable class - is the only way to use book & upgrade?
BA website can't do it unless one of the K/L/M/N/S/V classes happens to be the cheapest.

You can phone up and book, or you can force a travel agent booking through (by using ITA Matrix, BookWithMatrix and Priceline in that order) but you couldn't do that and use the avios promotion anyway.

Edit: ITA can show you the cheapest fare by adding BA /F BC=N to the advanced routing codes (for a non-stop BA flight).
Old Oct 21, 2018, 5:38 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Has this sort of promotion been run before? I'm currently saving up for a trip to Sydney and Brisbane next year so I'll be skipping this one despite all the great offers.

One flight to note for families is £208 return to Orlando. I've paid more than than to get to Italy before! It is 10 hours in a densified 777 though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.