Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Is there no way of holding a flight with seat selections?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2018, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond

Playing with a booking of interest and I get offered the £10 thing to hold the flight for 72 hours.
The only problem is that there are some decent enough seat options left and Sod's law would probably kick in and someone would take them whilst I'm looking at different options, unable to access a computer at work etc.

Is there no way of selecting seats and then holding the booking?
Sure I could pay in advance and then cancel, but that ties up funds for days should I wish to change.
Also sure I've done this on AA.com when booking TP runs that I've improved on.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 1:35 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
GGLs and Prems can call up for reservations with seating, and also avoid the hold fee. The online and chargeable Hold does not allow seat selection but if the flight is some way off - and it would have to be if Hold applies - then you aren't likely to see much seat movement over a few days.
BAEC likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 1:39 pm

Deleted (realised you covered it in OP)
Old Oct 14, 2018, 1:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, SAA Voyager
If you/your employer has a corporate TA, they can do this for you (I work at a corporate TA and we can create hold bookings and also reserve seats in them)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.