Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Concorde Room Access in JFK on a BA/Alaska Ticket during layover.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Concorde Room Access in JFK on a BA/Alaska Ticket during layover.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2018, 1:26 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by bkojote
I'm feel 'unfortunate' is being more than generous to this Spanish drunk tourist shuttle of an airline. My hope was that while transferring there was at least a chance to freshen up, since a partner airline would include such a benefit, as well as many others (say, decent catering and ground services.)
Charming. Why not cancel your reservation and rebook with an airline that actually meets your perceived standards? There’s lots of choice.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 1:27 pm

I'm feel 'unfortunate' is being more than generous to this Spanish drunk tourist shuttle of an airline. My hope was that while transferring there was at least a chance to freshen up, since a partner airline would include such a benefit, as well as many others (say, decent catering and ground services.)
It sounds like you should just cancel your ticket and fly with another airline, if you're that bitter about it.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK

Charming. Why not cancel your reservation and rebook with an airline that actually meets your perceived standards? There’s lots of choice.
Unfortunately the circumstances are such that I will have to fly commercial and the only other itinerary that was satisfactory was on fat Ammy's.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 2:03 pm

Woe is you
Old Oct 16, 2018, 2:32 pm

It has previously been communicated to me by JFK CCR staff that the access policies for JFK CCR differ from that of LHR CCR.
I was denied entry to JFK CCR earlier this year (see: JFK CCR access if connecting LHR F flight?) on a JFK-LHR-HND flight, whereby the JFK-LHR was in J and LHR-HND was in F, all on one booking. While the JFK-LHR was overnight, I was further told that even if I had the morning JFK-LHR flight, connecting same-day to a LHR-XXX destination, I still wouldn't have been granted access.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 2:36 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Unfortunately the circumstances are such that I will have to fly commercial and the only other itinerary that was satisfactory was on fat Ammy's.
What is fat Ammy?
Old Oct 16, 2018, 2:44 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by lewis_saint
It has previously been communicated to me by JFK CCR staff that the access policies for JFK CCR differ from that of LHR CCR.
I was denied entry to JFK CCR earlier this year (see: JFK CCR access if connecting LHR F flight?) on a JFK-LHR-HND flight, whereby the JFK-LHR was in J and LHR-HND was in F, all on one booking. While the JFK-LHR was overnight, I was further told that even if I had the morning JFK-LHR flight, connecting same-day to a LHR-XXX destination, I still wouldn't have been granted access.
There is no distinction for LHR and JFK CCRs in the lounge eligibility guide. The same lounge eligibility guide applies to both lounges.

However on your example of JFK-LHR departing day 1 in J and connecting to LHR-HND on day 2 in F they correctly denied access to the JFK CCR prior to your JFK-LHR flight - I think this was noted in the thread you linked to.

Anyway, the OP's scenario is very different and as noted there would not be any access.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
On behalf of myself and the other posters in this thread who answered the question you posed; you’re welcome.
DYKWIA likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by golfmad
What is fat Ammy?
Thats our cheeky term for American Airlines!
Old Oct 16, 2018, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Then why didn't you choose BA's partner airline for the onward sector? In other words, AA.

At any rate, commiserations that you won't be made to feel as special as you clearly think you are.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Then why didn't you choose BA's partner airline for the onward sector? In other words, AA.
Which was my question as well because AA definitely offers a better product than AS on the JFK-LAX sector.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Then why didn't you choose BA's partner airline for the onward sector?
Alaska is in fact BA's other partner airline serving JFK-LAX. What they are not doing is offering showers in their lounges like American does.

I'd probably pick the LAX-LHR nonstop on AA and shower in the LAX Flagship lounge, and try to stick to eating at sea level and sleeping on the plane, but I'm the sort of unfortunate who ALWAYS flies commercial, so I may lack the OP's savoir faire and sophistication.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 4:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wrp96
Which was my question as well because AA definitely offers a better product than AS on the JFK-LAX sector.
Neither is ideal, although I certainly feel it may be less regrettable. While Ammy's does offer a better hard product on that route, Iris will be traveling with me and we would prefer to not shout across an aisle. My hope was that eating whatever they microwave in the Concorde Room would alleviate me from having to touch Alaska Airlines catering and avoid their dump of a terminal for as long as possible, but it seems as though British Airways gave less thought to their partnership than their product.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 4:56 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

This thread has run its course and is now closed.

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum
DYKWIA, Ldnn1 and dakaix like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.