Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Enough is enough - Bye bye BA - I'm out

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2018, 4:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by msm2000uk

I look forward to seeing you on the QR Forum, where you'll find far more disgruntled QRPC cardholders than BAEC cardholders.

M
But M, you know far better than me, that this is because QRPC was recently revamped in a decidedly user-unfriendly manner.

The much-heralded changes to BAEC are still to come. Some folk are nervous / apprehensive as to what lies in wait. Fingers crossed it brings good things - though I personally didn’t like the sound of the (admittedly, brief) allusion to potential impending changes, as made by Alex Cruz during the speech I attended at WTM London.
NoY likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 5:00 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by WeleaseBwian
You're an idiot if you do.
Thanks! And bye-bye.
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 5:03 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Waiting for that "... QR!?" thread by the OP. Don't get me wrong. QR has a very impressive hard product and the soft product is, with the right crew, excellent too, but QR will, at some point, disappoint the OP. A useless FFP, virtually no customer service in IRROPS, inconsistent crews, mediocre onboard service (e.g. forgetting wines, bringing food that wasn't ordered, not bringing food that was ordered, getting the first cup of coffee 30 minutes after I finish breakfast, etc.)
diamantaire likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 5:04 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia

There is a wide world out there in FlyerTalk universe, well beyond the BAEC forum.
But it feels so safe and cosy in here...
Old Oct 5, 2018, 5:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I loved my first QR ultra long haul two weeks ago - and it was leisure and paid by me - but I can see how anyone on business where time is money and their well being is important to a conductive business trip, would not want the middle east stop over. It's usually particularly undesirable time of day and will result in two mediocre sleeps. For this reason alone, I can understand BA being far more desirable on longhaul to the far east.
Cap'n Benj likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 5:05 am

QR and QRPC are double-edged swords, I fly them regularly when the price is right, just like I do with BA. However the product at QR is unreliable, it's great when the stars aline but pretty awful when they don't.

With BA, you have a decent amount of security that you are going to get what you have paid for.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 5:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: None
Originally Posted by Brisbane Road
And once the dust has settled and you’re looking at that next trip to North America, you’ll be straight back I bet.
Not a chance - Would prefer to give UA, DL, VS a try.

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Out of curiosity, have you joined QR Privilege Club?
M
No, and didn't credit the miles/points to the BA account either. I don't intend to join any schemes ever again. My days of chasing status, collecting miles and phoning Japan at 1am to get the only 2 CW tickets are well behind me. If I want to fly somewhere - I'll just buy a ticket (or 2)

Originally Posted by Takiteasy
Why so much hatred though: opinions yes, hatred no.
Apologies if my post came across as "hatred". It was intended to be annoyance directed at myself for stupidly sticking with BA when I had no good reason to.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 5:10 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
I get the OP's point, but we shouldn't forget the convenience factor. OP may not mind stopping in Doha, but I guess most people will not be very keen on spending half the night in the Arabian desert.

At the same time, if a connection is required anyway, I'm very happy to go on QR.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 5:13 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
No, and didn't credit the miles/points to the BA account either. I don't intend to join any schemes ever again. My days of chasing status, collecting miles and phoning Japan at 1am to get the only 2 CW tickets are well behind me. If I want to fly somewhere - I'll just buy a ticket (or 2)
May as well join something, even if it's AS or JMB.

Originally Posted by Brisbane Road
And once the dust has settled and you’re looking at that next trip to North America, you’ll be straight back I bet.
Back to AA and their better metal that doesn't charge for seat selection?
cjb666 likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 5:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by LCY8737
I get the OP's point, but we shouldn't forget the convenience factor. OP may not mind stopping in Doha, but I guess most people will not be very keen on spending half the night in the Arabian desert.

At the same time, if a connection is required anyway, I'm very happy to go on QR.
Either way, worth remembering that not everyone considers Doha a pure transit point.

Many people have solid reason to spend time in the Gulf in its own right - whether for business or leisure. Some may continue onwards, further east, at a later stage ; others will simply return to UK / Europe.
AnaTravel likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 5:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

You come across as someone who has been 'forced' to fly BA throughout their working life. Now that has come to an end and you're dropping down the status ladder you want to go out all guns blazing.....not an uncommon phenomena on here.
Happy days are here again...you can now fly with whichever airline you want to. ^
Cap'n Benj and argonath like this.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 5:33 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
So far BA has lost out quite a lot to SQ A380 new F Suite. A bit hard to compete, really. I can't think of any other airlines' F cabin that tempts me more, maybe with the exception of the Apartment, but then, I don't fly with ME3 (just my preference), so that's out. Everything else feels pretty mediocre and lacking in privacy, including their own old A380 Suite.

It still doesn't tempt me to post a spiteful description of those who choose to fly FR though.

Yes, I meant to type FR. Just as an example. It's their prerogative, and they're not monkeys because they fly FR, just because I choose not to fly with them.

The only time so far when I was seriously considering stopping flying with BA altogether was Hong Kong ICC sacking. If they do not go to them with a better offer, which they are allegedly doing, then I may choose to abandon BA.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 5:43 am

Programs: GGL
Everyone is entitled to an opinion but clearly the OP thinks anyone who doesn't agree with him is misguided. I have tried QR. I despise Doha airport. The flight experience with QR is fine. Don't like the seat.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 5:54 am

I guess QR would be great... if they flew most of the places I need to fly.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 5:56 am

Programs: BAEC: Silver. Nothing else as TopCashBack trumps all hotel programs
The problem I have is that I always fly west. BA are still a solid choice flying to and from America.
I can't imagine flying BA if i was consistently flying east though. There simply are much better options as you have pointed out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.