Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New BAEC cards on Reddit?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2018, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
There are numerous luggage tag makers who would run one up for you at a reasonable cost.
cupsandsaucers likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 3:56 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
If you are curious about what is revealed to anyone possessing your PNR and surname, just enter them without being logged into your BAEC membership.

You will see a lot of details, including your BAEC membership number and email address.

It's not just BA though, going to MMB on on AY website and entering them will essentially reveal the same.

Everyone should be careful where you expose your PRN.

I would say that the PRN should NOT be printed on the BP for that reason (people leave it behind, drop it, etc. etc.).

Back to the subject of the card, I once held a physical Blue card, and that's far more of a novelty to me than a Gold/GGL/CCR card. In fact I didn't even get my GGL card for the latest membership year for whatever reason and couldn't even be bothered chasing it up (I would chase up the CCR card if it doesn't turn up though, as it does cause inconvenience not to have it).

Now, if they issued me with that GOLD POO card, I will send it back to BA, asking them to present me with something that doesn't look like a poo, since the GGL crest will make it look even more like a poo, just with an extra fly around it.

(Those cards are a bit like the optical illusion - once you see the poo, you always see the poo... Sorry, it's been ruined for me, so I really hope this isn't the real design.)
Old Sep 28, 2018, 10:19 pm

I would say that the PRN should NOT be printed on the BP for that reason (people leave it behind, drop it, etc. etc.).
It has to be encoded in the bar code anyway, so if someone wants to actually mess with your reservation, the only thing you’ve did is delayed them by about seven seconds.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 12:09 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Without the PRN, you'd still be able to retrieve the ticket with the e-ticket number printed on most boarding passes. Personally, I don't see that much of an issue with having that information printed on a boarding pass or a bag tag. The best advice is to not share pictures of your boarding pass online (seems obvious, yet thousands do just that) and to remove the bag tag once you're reunited with your bags and keep them until you can properly dispose of them.

Back to the subject of the card, I once held a physical Blue card, and that's far more of a novelty to me than a Gold/GGL/CCR card.
Is there an expiration date on a blue card or is it a Blue for life card?
Old Sep 29, 2018, 2:27 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by klausa

It has to be encoded in the bar code anyway, so if someone wants to actually mess with your reservation, the only thing you’ve did is delayed them by about seven seconds.

Originally Posted by WorldLux
Without the PRN, you'd still be able to retrieve the ticket with the e-ticket number printed on most boarding passes. Personally, I don't see that much of an issue with having that information printed on a boarding pass or a bag tag. The best advice is to not share pictures of your boarding pass online (seems obvious, yet thousands do just that) and to remove the bag tag once you're reunited with your bags and keep them until you can properly dispose of them.
Casual snooping (out of nosiness) is easier to prevent if it's not printed (even though it's in the bar code), and ticket number is harder to quickly type in.

Really, there should be an extra step to get into MMB such as needing to enter a piece of information that is only likely to be known to someone seeking to access it legitimately.

No idea about the Blue card expiry date, as I can't even find it.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 2:56 am

Programs: BA gold
I received one many moons ago. I turned it into a luggage tag:

Old Sep 29, 2018, 2:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold

No idea about the Blue card expiry date, as I can't even find it.
Given that the only eligibility requirement to become an exalted Blue member is the ability to provide one’s name and address, I would imagine there’s little point in imposing an expiry date .......
Old Sep 29, 2018, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by subject2load

Given that the only eligibility requirement to become an exalted Blue member is the ability to provide one’s name and address, I would imagine there’s little point in imposing an expiry date .......
The ability to provide one's name and address seems to have expiry dates, though.
subject2load likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 9:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, EI Platinum
Originally Posted by fluffymitten
Why do they have to make the gold one so ugly. Tempted to stay on Silver if that's what's on offer
Wish they could make the tiers sound more exclusive, remove the name "Bronze", Gold should be the middle tier and a Platinum/Executive level should be introduced.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC: Silver. Nothing else as TopCashBack trumps all hotel programs
Originally Posted by ASHFlyer
Wish they could make the tiers sound more exclusive, remove the name "Bronze", Gold should be the middle tier and a Platinum/Executive level should be introduced.
Half of me agrees with you. "blue" and "bronze", "silver". Most other airlines START at gold. It does make the BA system seem "cheaper"

But then it is also nicely modestly British. Most others are just frankly ridiculous now. American carriers are the worst offenders. Gold for starters, then move onto Platinum, platinum pro, titanium platinum professional concierge, professional executive platinum diamond titanium rhodium discharge.
T8191, fluffymitten and ASHFlyer like this.

Last edited by cupsandsaucers; Sep 29, 2018 at 10:09 am
Old Sep 29, 2018, 9:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, EI Platinum
Originally Posted by cupsandsaucers
Half of me agrees with you. "blue" and "bronze", "silver". Most other airlines START at gold. It does make the BA system seem "cheaper"

But then it is also nicely modestly British. Most others are just frankly ridiculous now. American carrier are the worst offenders. Gold for starters, then move onto Platinum, platinum pro, titanium platinum professional concierge, professional executive platinum diamond titanium rhodium discharge.
That's so true! But I'd love if they had Silver, Gold, Platinum, Executive Platinum (GGL equivalent), Premier.

Having a "Bronze" card sounds like you're entry level ... and if you're Silver? "aw that's so sweet, you flew twice this year"
Old Sep 29, 2018, 10:12 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by ASHFlyer
That's so true! But I'd love if they had Silver, Gold, Platinum, Executive Platinum (GGL equivalent), Premier.

Having a "Bronze" card sounds like you're entry level ... and if you're Silver? "aw that's so sweet, you flew twice this year"
Nah, more like:

Silver (Ruby)
Gold (Sapphire)
Platinum (Emerald)
Special (GGL)
Extra Special (GGL/CCR)
Deity (Premier)

ASHFlyer likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC: Silver. Nothing else as TopCashBack trumps all hotel programs
Without going to the ridiculous extremes of the American Carriers, but still being a bit more "proud" than current BA levels. How about...

Current Blue = Blue
Current Bronze = Silver
Current Silver = Gold
Current Gold = Platinum
Current GGL = Platinum Guest List
ASHFlyer likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 10:37 am

Programs: QR Gold, HH Diamond, Melia Gold, Accor Silver, Amex Plat AT
to me, the new design looks good for one of the ME3 carriers. it does not fit british airways.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
You have an aversion to Bronze? It’s a base metal, not ‘precious’ like Silver etc.

I’ll give you GGL as Platinum if you insist.
ASHFlyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.