Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How many of people with status are there?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2018, 6:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC: Silver. Nothing else as TopCashBack trumps all hotel programs
How many of people with status are there?

Just curious if this knowledge is known outside of BA? For curiosity I would love to know how many...

People fly BA in a year, and of which how many are:

Blue
Bronze
Silver
Gold
GGL
GGLFL

I know flight by flight it will vary massively, for example on some GLA-LHR flights I have seen more people in the group 1 queue than the group 3 and 4 queue combined! Seems like it was half golds!
Alas on a holiday Long haul from LGW, I'll bet their aren't many with status. But curious overall.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by cupsandsaucers
Just curious if this knowledge is know outside of BA?
About once every couple of months, someone starts a new thread asking this question ...
KARFA, bosman, IFE Wizard and 6 others like this.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 6:32 am

Programs: BA GGLfL, WoH Lifetime Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
OP, Globaliser,

It would be a good idea if FT had a search function. I wonder if the Mods could consider adding this?

Doc Copper
cruisr likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 6:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Globaliser
About once every couple of months, someone starts a new thread asking this question ...
Every couple of months aint bad at all. Such is an internet forum. Everything has already been said at least once before hasn't it.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 6:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DoctorCopper
OP, Globaliser,

It would be a good idea if FT had a search function. I wonder if the Mods could consider adding this?

Doc Copper
Hello Dr passive aggressive. I did try the search function but couldn't find a thread answering my question. More than likely down to me not using the right terminology or search phrases. But alas, I couldnt find it.

Old Sep 20, 2018, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by cupsandsaucers
Every couple of months aint bad at all. Such is an internet forum. Everything has already been said at least once before hasn't it.
So from that comment you have accepted the question has been asked previously, and is therefore searchable.

Maybe a more interesting question might be: Given the perceived deterioration in BA (BOB, AVIOS devaluation, retention of the superb afternoon tea offering in CE) do we know the change in BAEC status levels changed substantially in the last three years?

Doc Copper

Last edited by DoctorCopper; Sep 20, 2018 at 6:48 am
Old Sep 20, 2018, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
When found, it could be a Wiki addition in the Dashboard under BAEC.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 6:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold-GGL
I would have thought this might be commercially sensitive information?
Old Sep 20, 2018, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
The numbers of people in Exec Club aren’t known outside BA so any numbers listed in the numerous other threads on this topic are supposition.

The total number of passengers is listed in BAs annual report and accounts and occasionally in the market day presentation.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Renault: I am shocked - shocked - to find that searching is not possible here!
Croupier: [hands Renault a list] Your search results, sir.
Renault: Oh, thank you very much. Everybody out at once!

Old Sep 20, 2018, 6:49 am

So from that comment you have accepted the question has been asked previously, and is therefore searchable.

Maybe a more interesting question might be: Given the perceived deterioration in BA (BOB, AVIOS devaluation, retention of the superb afternoon tea offering in CE) do we know the change in BAEC status levels in the last three years?

Doc Copper
I am unsure how I quoted myself since I hadn’t posted to requote; let others assume fat-finger-syndrome. I have other theories 🍷🍷

Doc Copper
Old Sep 20, 2018, 6:51 am

Programs: Skywards Gold

Maybe a more interesting question might be: Given the perceived deterioration in BA (BOB, AVIOS devaluation, retention of the superb afternoon tea offering in CE) do we know the change in BAEC status levels changed substantially in the last three years?

Doc Copper
Thanks for finding and sharing the link to previous threads.

FT Search is useless, it may as well not exist, always use google. Do a google search for "site:flyertalk.com executive club how many members" and you strike gold, and "every few months" doesn't seem to be quite accurate, more like every few years:

Number of executive club members
How Many BAEC Members?
How many BAEC Gold members are there?
How many of BA's customers have status?
Old Sep 20, 2018, 6:52 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Renault: I am shocked - shocked - to find that searching is not possible here!
Croupier: [hands Renault a list] Your search results, sir.
Renault: Oh, thank you very much. Everybody out at once!
beat me to it
Old Sep 20, 2018, 7:44 am

Programs: Mucci; BAEC GGL; (In memoriam: KLM Flying Dutchman Royal Wing & FB Platinum Elite)
Suggest submit it as an FOI to BA- I would imagine they would only be able to provide a snapshot of numbers /status on a specific date/time since this will flex hourly/daily - don't see why the information should commercially sensitive- the ICO would be the final arbiter - the OP's question is so similar to the many I had to answer when I worked for the NHS ( I'm assuming the OP is not referring to the number with status on FT)
Old Sep 20, 2018, 7:53 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by beamac
Suggest submit it as an FOI to BA- I would imagine they would only be able to provide a snapshot of numbers /status on a specific date/time since this will flex hourly/daily - don't see why the information should commercially sensitive- the ICO would be the final arbiter - the OP's question is so similar to the many I had to answer when I worked for the NHS ( I'm assuming the OP is not referring to the number with status on FT)
The FOI Act applies to public authorities not private companies like BA/IAG.

I think you are referring to the Data Protection Act and the right to request information held by an organisation? That would only be information held about you though, not general information such as numbers of members with various status levels.

https://www.gov.uk/data-protection/f...-has-about-you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.