Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA CityFlyer catering | guide, reviews and photos

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 23, 2018, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: EJetter
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

BA CityFlyer catering 21 February to 9 July
All information is posted in a personal capacity and not as a representative of the airline. Information could change at any time.

Route bandings

Band 1S: AMS, DUS, JER, RTM
Band 1: BHD, DUB, EDI, GLA
Band 2: CMF (LCY), EGC, FRA, GVA, PRG, BER, UIP, LIG, ZRH, EAS, LIN
Band 3: AGP, ALC, BCN, CMF (EDI), FAO, FLR, IBZ, NCE, PMI, SPU
Band 4: JMK, JSI, SKG

Menu cycles
Code:
 Start date
21 February         1
28 February         2
6 March             1
13 March            2
20 March            1
27 March            2         
3 April             1
10 April            2
17 April            1
24 April            2
etc 

Club Europe meal times

Band 1S-3
00:01-10:29 Breakfast
10:30-16:59 Lunch (except night-stopping aircraft catered ex-LCY/SOU departing before 12:00 which will offer breakfast, or a hot dinner with ambient sides if after 12:00)
17:00-23:59 Dinner (1S-1 cold, 2-3 hot)

Band 4
00:01-10:29 Breakfast
10:30-23:59 Hot dinner

Euro Traveller breakfast 00:01-09:29

Band 1S-2
Nature Valley Crunchy Oats & Honey

Band 3-4
Cycle 1: Nature Valley Crunchy Oats & Honey, Egg mayo and sausage or Mixed cheese and spring onion
Cycle 2: Nature Valley Crunchy Oats & Honey, egg and bacon or Cheddar and roast tomato
Cycle 3: Nature Valley Crunchy Oats & Honey, BLT or Egg mayo and spinach sandwich

Euro Traveller rest of day

Band 1S-2
Just Glorious Crisps Sea Salt or Nature Valley Crunchy Oats & Honey
Band 3-4
Cycle 1: Wiltshire ham and cheese or Vegan New York Deli and Nature Valley Crunchy Oats & Honey
Cycle 2: Pastrami, emmenthal and sweet pickle or Three cheese salad sandwich and Nature Valley Crunchy Oats & Honey
Cycle 3: Chicken salad with lemon pepper mayo or Ploughman's sandwich with caramelised onion and Nature Valley Crunchy Oats & Honey

Club Europe breakfast

Band 1S Cycle 1

Greek yogurt with stone fruit

Sourdough muffin with bacon, croque-monsieur sauce and relish
or
Toasted​ muffin​ with portabello​ mushroom, cheddar​ and​ caramelised​ onion​ chutney

Band 1S Cycle 2

Greek yogurt with stone fruit

Toasted sourdough muffin with bacon, tomato jam and Red Leicester cheese
or
Toasted​ sourdough muffin​ with portobello​ mushroom,​ beetroot​ sauce,​ kale,​ and​ cheddar

Band 1-2 Cycle 1

Bread roll and butter

Yogurt as per band 1S

Cream cheese and chive omelette with potato and chorizo hash
or
Wild mushroom cream cheese omelette with fried potato rosti
or
Cheese and coleslaw salad

Band 1-2 Cycle 2

Bread roll and butter

Yogurt as per band 1S

Spinach and feta omelette with corned beef hash
or
Sweetcorn fritter with smokey chickpea ragout
or
Cheese and coleslaw salad

Band 3 and 4
As above plus fresh fruit pot

If more than 19 passengers in Club, breakfasts over this number will be cold plates

Nightstop breakfast

Nutigrain bar, pain au raisin, bread, croissant

Cheese omelette, sausage, mushrooms, baked beans, spinach
or
Plain omelette, sweet potato hash, cherry tomato, asparagus/tenderstem broccoli

Club Europe lunch (band 1S-3) and cold dinner (band 1S-1)

Band 1S-2 Cycle 1
Bread and butter

Hot smoked salmon with horseradish potato salad, candied beetroot and pea shoots
or
Kale and cranberry slaw, honey glazed goats' cheese, chutney and pea shoots

Tony's Chocolonely milk chocolate bar

Band 1S-2 Cycle 2
Bread and butter

Roasted chicken with red cabbage slaw, roasted grapes and mayonnaise
or
Pearl barley salad with heritage carrot and mushroom mix, honey-soy dressing, chilli pearls and pea shoots

Tony's Chocolonely milk chocolate bar

Band 1S-1 cold dinner and band 3 lunch
As above plus appetiser: Pumpkin and kale orzo salad with artichoke, and onion sauce

Club Europe hot dinner
NB if more than 24 Club Europe passengers, hot main will be replaced by a cold main due to oven capacity

Cycle 1
Appetiser as per cold dinner/band 3 lunch

Chicken tagine, couscous, roasted root vegetables and goats' cheese
or
Black bean chilli with wild rice, corn and red pepper

Tony's Chocolonely bar

Cycle 2
Appetiser as per cold dinner/band 3 lunch

Miso beef stew with coriander lemon rice, padron peppers and lime
or
Spinach, pumpkin and sage gnocchi with olives and goats' cheese

Tony's Chocolonely bar

Night-stopped flights will offer a choice of pulled beef cottage pie or black bean chilli

Bar
Tea, coffee (decaf instant on request), green tea*, herbal teas*, Earl Grey tea*, Harrogate Spring still and sparkling, orange juice, apple juice, tomato juice (Worcester sauce available), Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Schweppes Tonic Water, Schweppes Slimline Tonic Water, Schweppes Canada Dry Ginger Ale.

Ciroc vodka*, Smirnoff Red/Eristoff vodka, Tanqueray gin*, Gordons gin, Johnnie Walker Black Label*, Johnnie Walker Red Label, Bacardi white rum, Otard cognac, Baileys*, Cointreau*

Heineken, Brewdog Speedbird OG

One of: Champagne Nicolas Feuillatte Réserve Exclusive Brut*/Champagne Castelnau Réserve Brut NV*/Champagne Castelnau Brut Millésime 2007*/Heidsieck & Co Monopole Silver Top*

Chardonnay (California)*
Sauvignon Blanc (France)*

Cabernet Sauvignon (Chile)*
Shiraz (Australia)*

Sauvignon Blanc (Chile)
Chardonnay (Italy)
Cabernet Sauvignon (Spain)
Merlot (Italy)

*Club Europe only

Print Wikipost

BA CityFlyer catering | guide, reviews and photos

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2019, 9:51 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Apparently the Speedbird 100 IPA should be loaded on cityflyer as from the 5th of May, has anybody seen it at all? And if so was it free bearing in mind there is no BOB on cityflyer?
Old May 7, 2019, 2:32 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club - Silver (OWS)
Originally Posted by sunshinebob
Apparently the Speedbird 100 IPA should be loaded on cityflyer as from the 5th of May, has anybody seen it at all? And if so was it free bearing in mind there is no BOB on cityflyer?
I had a Speedbird100 IPA for free in ET on my LIN-LCY flight this evening.

And very enjoyable it was, too.
EJetter and EDIwanderer like this.
Old May 8, 2019, 2:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold for Life
Originally Posted by zappomatic
VLML and VGML are different meals on CityFlyer, but the appetiser and desert will be the same (homous with asparagus and pomegranate, fruit salad. However, the cold VGML and AVML mains are the same.

VLML hot is currently spinach and ricotta tortellini with tomato sauce, or wild mushroom risotto. VGML is pumpkin tagine with quinoa. AVML is vegetable tandoori with turmeric rice.
Many thanks....sound nice! Too many airlines seem to just offer the same irrespective if its VLML or VGML. Is this the same for Breakfast? Real shame about losing the waffles and Golden Syrup from breakfast though.....unique on BA
Old May 8, 2019, 4:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club Blue
Originally Posted by JSM8
Many thanks....sound nice! Too many airlines seem to just offer the same irrespective if its VLML or VGML. Is this the same for Breakfast? Real shame about losing the waffles and Golden Syrup from breakfast though.....unique on BA
At breakfast VLML hot is the same as the regular breakfast but instead of the meat you get more egg, an extra cake of bubble and squeak, and the cherry tomato is replaced by half a grilled tomato.

VGML gets you beans instead of egg.

The waffle was a nice touch, but due to their bulk they often couldn’t be warned until after everything else was served, by which point diners were already full so they mostly went in the bin (or in the crew). In a way it’s a shame but my waistline is relieved.
alex67500 and volar like this.
Old May 29, 2019, 2:35 am
Original Poster

Marinated olives with sun blushed tomatoes and parmesan, kiln roasted Scottish salmon with potato and horseradish salad, key lime pie.
EDIwanderer likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 4:52 am
Original Poster

Thai marinated prawns with pomelo salad and grilled lime (rice noodles and grapefruit temporarily replaces pomelo salad). There's a bit of a kick to this one!

Grilled chicken, egg and pickled red onion with quinoa and toasted corn salad, lemon and chive sour cream dressing
Old Jun 4, 2019, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Does anyone know what are the current band 4 Y cold meals on flights to London?
Old Jun 5, 2019, 4:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Does anyone know what are the current band 4 Y cold meals on flights to London?
It’s in the wiki
Old Jun 5, 2019, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
It’s in the wiki
I know what the different dishes are (I have in fact tried all of them by now!!) I meant do you know which specific one of those it is (I've always presumed that individual dishes come in for x weeks as for the LHR and LGW flights). I find some of the dishes very tasty and others a lot less so so trying to decide whether to buy anything additional before my 4 hour flight!
Old Jun 5, 2019, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by orbitmic
I know what the different dishes are (I have in fact tried all of them by now!!) I meant do you know which specific one of those it is (I've always presumed that individual dishes come in for x weeks as for the LHR and LGW flights). I find some of the dishes very tasty and others a lot less so so trying to decide whether to buy anything additional before my 4 hour flight!
They follow a weekly rotation (same as CE) and the inbound and outbound are different. I’ll update the wiki with this info when I have some time to kill but if you let me know your travel dates I’ll tell you what should be loaded.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 12:24 pm

They follow a weekly rotation (same as CE) and the inbound and outbound are different. I’ll update the wiki with this info when I have some time to kill but if you let me know your travel dates I’ll tell you what should be loaded.
Look forward to the update. I am travelling back from AGP on 2nd July and debating between what's on offer as standard, VLML and KSML
Old Jun 7, 2019, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JSM8
Look forward to the update. I am travelling back from AGP on 2nd July and debating between what's on offer as standard, VLML and KSML
Presumably you’re talking Club? 2nd July falls into rotation 3.

VLML will be either a Gouda cheese, tomato and cucumber salad, grilled asparagus and pasta salad or feta and baby corn salad in the afternoon, or spinach and ricotta tortellini in the evening. Personally although a devoted carnivore I’m a fan of the VGML hot which is pumpkin tagine with couscous.

I don’t have specific details of KSML but if you don’t need to eat kosher I would recommend another option.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 12:57 pm

Presumably you’re talking Club? 2nd July falls into rotation 3.

VLML will be either a Gouda cheese, tomato and cucumber salad, grilled asparagus and pasta salad or feta and baby corn salad in the afternoon, or spinach and ricotta tortellini in the evening. Personally although a devoted carnivore I’m a fan of the VGML hot which is pumpkin tagine with couscous.

I don’t have specific details of KSML but if you don’t need to eat kosher I would recommend another option.
Thanks! Glad to hear that BA Cityflyer still differentiates between VLML and VGML......didn't always happen
Old Jun 9, 2019, 3:39 pm
Original Poster

LIN downtoute ET catering (Sunday BA 7304): Prosciutto and soft cheese sandwich, or vegan roasted aubergine and courgette sandwich.

Club Europe hot rotation 3 (band 3): pea, potato and mint salad with prosciutto, corn fed chicken with roasted sweet potato, herb jus and roasted corn, spring onion and red pepper salsa, Camembert and Cornish Yarg.

volar likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 9:14 am

Cityflyer ex-Stansted

Does anybody know what to expect on Cityflyer out of STN in terms of catering and lounge?
I am eyeing a 5:45AM departure to FAO, and ET vs CE would be £45 vs £119 on the way out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.