Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA CityFlyer catering | guide, reviews and photos

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 23, 2018, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: EJetter
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

BA CityFlyer catering 21 February to 9 July
All information is posted in a personal capacity and not as a representative of the airline. Information could change at any time.

Route bandings

Band 1S: AMS, DUS, JER, RTM
Band 1: BHD, DUB, EDI, GLA
Band 2: CMF (LCY), EGC, FRA, GVA, PRG, BER, UIP, LIG, ZRH, EAS, LIN
Band 3: AGP, ALC, BCN, CMF (EDI), FAO, FLR, IBZ, NCE, PMI, SPU
Band 4: JMK, JSI, SKG

Menu cycles
Code:
 Start date
21 February         1
28 February         2
6 March             1
13 March            2
20 March            1
27 March            2         
3 April             1
10 April            2
17 April            1
24 April            2
etc 

Club Europe meal times

Band 1S-3
00:01-10:29 Breakfast
10:30-16:59 Lunch (except night-stopping aircraft catered ex-LCY/SOU departing before 12:00 which will offer breakfast, or a hot dinner with ambient sides if after 12:00)
17:00-23:59 Dinner (1S-1 cold, 2-3 hot)

Band 4
00:01-10:29 Breakfast
10:30-23:59 Hot dinner

Euro Traveller breakfast 00:01-09:29

Band 1S-2
Nature Valley Crunchy Oats & Honey

Band 3-4
Cycle 1: Nature Valley Crunchy Oats & Honey, Egg mayo and sausage or Mixed cheese and spring onion
Cycle 2: Nature Valley Crunchy Oats & Honey, egg and bacon or Cheddar and roast tomato
Cycle 3: Nature Valley Crunchy Oats & Honey, BLT or Egg mayo and spinach sandwich

Euro Traveller rest of day

Band 1S-2
Just Glorious Crisps Sea Salt or Nature Valley Crunchy Oats & Honey
Band 3-4
Cycle 1: Wiltshire ham and cheese or Vegan New York Deli and Nature Valley Crunchy Oats & Honey
Cycle 2: Pastrami, emmenthal and sweet pickle or Three cheese salad sandwich and Nature Valley Crunchy Oats & Honey
Cycle 3: Chicken salad with lemon pepper mayo or Ploughman's sandwich with caramelised onion and Nature Valley Crunchy Oats & Honey

Club Europe breakfast

Band 1S Cycle 1

Greek yogurt with stone fruit

Sourdough muffin with bacon, croque-monsieur sauce and relish
or
Toasted​ muffin​ with portabello​ mushroom, cheddar​ and​ caramelised​ onion​ chutney

Band 1S Cycle 2

Greek yogurt with stone fruit

Toasted sourdough muffin with bacon, tomato jam and Red Leicester cheese
or
Toasted​ sourdough muffin​ with portobello​ mushroom,​ beetroot​ sauce,​ kale,​ and​ cheddar

Band 1-2 Cycle 1

Bread roll and butter

Yogurt as per band 1S

Cream cheese and chive omelette with potato and chorizo hash
or
Wild mushroom cream cheese omelette with fried potato rosti
or
Cheese and coleslaw salad

Band 1-2 Cycle 2

Bread roll and butter

Yogurt as per band 1S

Spinach and feta omelette with corned beef hash
or
Sweetcorn fritter with smokey chickpea ragout
or
Cheese and coleslaw salad

Band 3 and 4
As above plus fresh fruit pot

If more than 19 passengers in Club, breakfasts over this number will be cold plates

Nightstop breakfast

Nutigrain bar, pain au raisin, bread, croissant

Cheese omelette, sausage, mushrooms, baked beans, spinach
or
Plain omelette, sweet potato hash, cherry tomato, asparagus/tenderstem broccoli

Club Europe lunch (band 1S-3) and cold dinner (band 1S-1)

Band 1S-2 Cycle 1
Bread and butter

Hot smoked salmon with horseradish potato salad, candied beetroot and pea shoots
or
Kale and cranberry slaw, honey glazed goats' cheese, chutney and pea shoots

Tony's Chocolonely milk chocolate bar

Band 1S-2 Cycle 2
Bread and butter

Roasted chicken with red cabbage slaw, roasted grapes and mayonnaise
or
Pearl barley salad with heritage carrot and mushroom mix, honey-soy dressing, chilli pearls and pea shoots

Tony's Chocolonely milk chocolate bar

Band 1S-1 cold dinner and band 3 lunch
As above plus appetiser: Pumpkin and kale orzo salad with artichoke, and onion sauce

Club Europe hot dinner
NB if more than 24 Club Europe passengers, hot main will be replaced by a cold main due to oven capacity

Cycle 1
Appetiser as per cold dinner/band 3 lunch

Chicken tagine, couscous, roasted root vegetables and goats' cheese
or
Black bean chilli with wild rice, corn and red pepper

Tony's Chocolonely bar

Cycle 2
Appetiser as per cold dinner/band 3 lunch

Miso beef stew with coriander lemon rice, padron peppers and lime
or
Spinach, pumpkin and sage gnocchi with olives and goats' cheese

Tony's Chocolonely bar

Night-stopped flights will offer a choice of pulled beef cottage pie or black bean chilli

Bar
Tea, coffee (decaf instant on request), green tea*, herbal teas*, Earl Grey tea*, Harrogate Spring still and sparkling, orange juice, apple juice, tomato juice (Worcester sauce available), Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Schweppes Tonic Water, Schweppes Slimline Tonic Water, Schweppes Canada Dry Ginger Ale.

Ciroc vodka*, Smirnoff Red/Eristoff vodka, Tanqueray gin*, Gordons gin, Johnnie Walker Black Label*, Johnnie Walker Red Label, Bacardi white rum, Otard cognac, Baileys*, Cointreau*

Heineken, Brewdog Speedbird OG

One of: Champagne Nicolas Feuillatte Réserve Exclusive Brut*/Champagne Castelnau Réserve Brut NV*/Champagne Castelnau Brut Millésime 2007*/Heidsieck & Co Monopole Silver Top*

Chardonnay (California)*
Sauvignon Blanc (France)*

Cabernet Sauvignon (Chile)*
Shiraz (Australia)*

Sauvignon Blanc (Chile)
Chardonnay (Italy)
Cabernet Sauvignon (Spain)
Merlot (Italy)

*Club Europe only

Print Wikipost

BA CityFlyer catering | guide, reviews and photos

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2022, 12:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by orbitmic
When timings and prices are right, I tend to be LHR from London and LCY into London. That way, I get the CCR outbound, and power on the plane (since the CCR still can't be bothered to have even a minimally decent number of plugging options!) and the better catering and faster immigration upon my return...
Funnily enough, I tend to do the same thing whenever I can, though for different reasons.
orbitmic and Moleish like this.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 6:27 am

Programs: BA Silver
Hi all. Anyone have any experience of EuroTraveller recently? I'm flying Band 1 in a few weeks to AMS and Band 3 on June to FAO. I'm expecting nothing much on the AMS flight but I believe a sandwich on Band 3 for breakfast? Is there still a full bar service in ET? Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 13, 2022, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by peter.r.erskine
Hi all. Anyone have any experience of EuroTraveller recently? I'm flying Band 1 in a few weeks to AMS and Band 3 on June to FAO. I'm expecting nothing much on the AMS flight but I believe a sandwich on Band 3 for breakfast? Is there still a full bar service in ET? Thanks in advance!
Just have a look at the wiki on this thread - it is fully up to date including specific menus being served.
alex67500 and peter.r.erskine like this.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 12:48 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Interesting experience on Friday. We had 2 trays with different starters (one with feta cheese and probably orzo, one with a chicken and sweetcorn salad) and 2 different desserts (one was banoffee cheesecake, the other definitely didn't have banana in it although they looked the same). All in all not a big deal but I was surprised since we didn't get offered a choice. The bread was chewy, it could definitely have done with a bit more cooking.

The lamb masala was very tasty, the other option was a veggie green curry. Service was spot on.

KARFA and ENTP like this.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 1:33 pm

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
I would imagine this was a ‘top up’ tray which is essentially handed over at the door with a last minute load change. It doesn’t always follow the menu cycle. Certainly that’s my experience at LHR with a different meal to the rest of pax.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club Blue
Originally Posted by alex67500
Interesting experience on Friday. We had 2 trays with different starters (one with feta cheese and probably orzo, one with a chicken and sweetcorn salad) and 2 different desserts (one was banoffee cheesecake, the other definitely didn't have banana in it although they looked the same). All in all not a big deal but I was surprised since we didn't get offered a choice. The bread was chewy, it could definitely have done with a bit more cooking.

The lamb masala was very tasty, the other option was a veggie green curry. Service was spot on.
You received the correct service: vegetarian mains get a vegetarian starter, non-veg mains get a non-veg starter.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 5:55 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by EJetter
You received the correct service: vegetarian mains get a vegetarian starter, non-veg mains get a non-veg starter.
Ah, but we both had the lamb. The difference in starters makes sense now though!
Old Mar 13, 2022, 6:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alex67500
Ah, but we both had the lamb. The difference in starters makes sense now though!
Oh sorry, I read your post as one of you having the lamb curry and the other having the Thai veg. Either a mistake on the part of the crew member or catering loading. Interestingly in my experience the Thai veg curry is more popular than the lamb. Both are very tasty meals.

Always found it a bit silly that the orzo pasta starter can end up on the same tray as the fregula pasta main... double pasta salad! That said, the hot main prosciutto-wrapped chicken is paired with the prosciutto starter which I suppose is great if you love ham.
orbitmic, alex67500 and ENTP like this.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

New Spring/Summer menus will commence on 4th April
Old Mar 21, 2022, 3:36 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Have I read correctly that BHD-LCY 13:50 departure this weekend will be chicken or halloumi? (could have sworn when I read before it was prawns)
And has Tanqueray gone from CJ bars yet and been replaced with Aviation Gin?

Thanks!
Old Mar 21, 2022, 5:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by S_W_S
Have I read correctly that BHD-LCY 13:50 departure this weekend will be chicken or halloumi? (could have sworn when I read before it was prawns)
And has Tanqueray gone from CJ bars yet and been replaced with Aviation Gin?

Thanks!
Yes should be teriyaki chicken or grilled halloumi.

Still Tanqueray, no Aviation Gin yet.
S_W_S likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 9:56 am

Catering on today's service from Belfast to London City comprised of a packet of crisps, as no catering was loaded for club.

The csm was apologetic and offered the usual full club bar (including champagne) and a £10 voucher was offered on arrival at City if you cared to go and claim it.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 12:00 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Honors Gold
Originally Posted by S_W_S
Catering on today's service from Belfast to London City comprised of a packet of crisps, as no catering was loaded for club.

The csm was apologetic and offered the usual full club bar (including champagne) and a £10 voucher was offered on arrival at City if you cared to go and claim it.

£10 voucher for what exactly / to spend where ?
Sealink likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by EDIer
£10 voucher for what exactly / to spend where ?
£10 "light refreshment voucher" to be spent in Costa or Pret in the terminal at LCY on the same day.
Sealink likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 1:03 pm

Programs: BA Silver
LCY-AMS BA8457 Mar 25th 2022. Band1S Cycle 1 I believe. Was a chicken, sweet corn and potato hash. The starter felt more substantial than the few salad leaves I’ve had previously. Unfortunately bread was stone cold. Only 5 people in CE but great service for such a short 40 min flight.
EDIwanderer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.