Search

BA/AA reward booking

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2018, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
BA/AA reward booking

Hi,

I'm looking to book and openjaw award itinerary (LHR-SFO RNO-LAX-LHR) for a trip in around a year's time.

The RNO-LAX sector will be with AA and the other two sectors with BA.

I am planning to do the following but wanted to check whether it was possible:
  1. Purchase the LHR-SFO (BA) sector as availability opens 355 days before the flight
  2. Add the LAX-LHR (BA) sector at T-355
  3. Add the RNO-LAX (AA) sector at T-330

Is this possible as a single booking and, if so, would the £35 pp telephone fee be waived at each step?

Thanks!
Old Sep 13, 2018, 2:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
You can certainly do 1 and 2 without change fees or telephone fees being charged. I’ve done this myself and others’ successes have been regularly reported.

For (3), I have no direct experience but have had success in a similar situation of adding a domestic leg to an overnight return flight. This is the situation where you book (say) SEA-LHR at T-355 to secure the seats. Because the LHR-EDI is next day, it’s not available to book when you book the long haul so you have to call up again the next day (or a few days later) to add that on. I’ve had the fees waived twice doing this so I’d say you have reasonable chance of success in your situation.
CloudGazer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.