Wiki Posts
Search

Time for the resignation of BA's CEO

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2018, 11:29 am

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by alpenlupe
You left out CTO. Are you Cruz in disguise?
No, that one is Hiddy's
HIDDY likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Thanks for the HBO job offer, but I gracefully decline. Although I/we did recently manage an overnight at LGW with HBO while our luggage slept somewhere else in the bowels of the airport.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 1:10 pm

Personally I couldn't care less if Alejandro stays or goes.

However a good recent precedent is TSB where, after a pregnant pause, Paul Pester was canned. Not TSB's head of IT or directors at the Spanish parent.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 1:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Originally Posted by simons1

However a good recent precedent is TSB where, after a pregnant pause, Paul Pester was canned. Not TSB's head of IT or directors at the Spanish parent.
pethaps no one gets iit that tidying up years of under investment- which started with the useless Eddington - does nt come easy or alas without glitches. So fire the man finally dragging BA IT into the modern world - and still with much to catch up on vs say Delta. Seems odd to me.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 1:36 pm

Programs: BA GGL
He should have gone a long time ago imo.

​​​​​​Thing is, he's an overpaid pawn delivering what the big boss wants.

Multiple PR failures, sure, but outgoings down and revenue up. That's what they want.

This latest failing is inexcusable. However, if he went, he'd be replaced by another pawn playing the exact same game.

The only way he'll go is if people stop flying with BA. Given the company's monopoly out of the UK that's highly unlikely to happen.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FrogTastic
There does seem to be a trend in IT cost cutting.
Every back room operation is a victim of cost cutting. The IT director asks for money they say no, marketing gets as much as they want. It also depends on the history of the directors, if they are pro spending in that area then they are always more supportive.
FrogTastic likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 4:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by simons1
Ditto and I'm pretty sure he's well aware it could be the latter if it's found to be a failing on BA's part.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
In anticipation of the forthcoming announcement, I hereby appoint CIHY as Head of Mixed Fleet, orbitmic will be overseeing our new BoB First initiative, KARFA as head of Scheduling (Earlies) and our BA Gambling startup initiaitive, Tobias-UK as head of World Traveller Plus (that was the cabin behind First on the old 747s, Tobias), rossmacd as head of customer relations - should keep the emails short I guess, UncleT as head of Hand Baggage Only (with a dotted line to HSSE policies and Smoking Policy Directorate) and as our new CIO I appoint Mrs Pucci Galore. Now, what could possibly go wrong?
let’s hope there is a market for heirloom tomatoes with fleur de sel and cloudy olive oil, shaved alba truffle on wood fired toast, simply roasted suckling lamb from Northumberland (does the farm I am thinking of do suckling?? If not we'll change the menu description!!) fresh squeezed grapefruit juice, raspberry, passion fruit, and Manila mango fruit plate and grand cru classe of the week by the glass or you’d better start designing my golden parachute!

Last edited by orbitmic; Sep 10, 2018 at 5:27 am
Old Sep 10, 2018, 2:14 am

He will go when his bosses think he’s either a liability or the major shareholders have a word with Willie Walsh.Does the data leak give cause for either of the above – quite possibly. For whatever reasons BA simply don’t seem to be able to get of some rather damaging IT problems. If the reports at the weekend are true and someone vetoed the updates to fix known vulnerabilities in BAs payment systems then head(s) will roll. And the failure to update does appear to be one based on cost

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.