Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club World/Club Europe redemption 12-20 Oct

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2018, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Bronze, HHonors Gold

Hello all

I’m after a bit of help, I’m looking for any decent Avios redemptions in October for 3-7 days between 12th and 21st October, flying from Glasgow.

I’ve had a look at the US but can only find flights from London. There are one or two European destinations but I’m looking to maximise value for Amex 2 for 1 voucher use (1 expires in November).

has anyone seen anything interesting during your searches?

thanks

P

P.S. 240000 points to play with
Old Sep 4, 2018, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by paule23
I’m after a bit of help, I’m looking for any decent Avios redemptions in October for 3-7 days between 12th and 21st October, flying from Glasgow.

I’ve had a look at the US but can only find flights from London.
Can you not find any availability for flights from Glasgow to London if you search for them alone? You may have to construct the itinerary yourself from searches for availability for each sector separately, and only then book the whole lot in one go.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Bronze, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Can you not find any availability for flights from Glasgow to London if you search for them alone? You may have to construct the itinerary yourself from searches for availability for each sector separately, and only then book the whole lot in one go.
I can find lots of flights GLA-LON, and then some LON-somewhere, but not GLA-somewhere.

if I find the two legs separately can I call BA to get a through redemption?
Old Sep 4, 2018, 12:48 pm

Programs: BD Gold, BAEC Gold, Hilton HHonors
Search from London and then tag on a domestic leg (which doesn't need to be in CE to make the booking work). Be aware that 241 expiry date is when you need to have booked (or ticketed) the itinerary using it, but that itinerary can start after the 241 expiry date - so you could book flights with the 241 making booking before Nov (when 241 expires) but flying well into 2019
Old Sep 4, 2018, 12:50 pm

Programs: BD Gold, BAEC Gold, Hilton HHonors
Also consider going from EDI if you're able to get there. It's unusual to have zero domestic availability so suspect the call centre will be able to help if that's the sticking point.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 12:54 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club (Silver)
Originally Posted by paule23

I can find lots of flights GLA-LON, and then some LON-somewhere, but not GLA-somewhere.

if I find the two legs separately can I call BA to get a through redemption?
Try again to book a redemption starting in GLA. This time, when you get to the screen that asks if you want to stopover, click yes. Then enter your originally planned travel dates, even if there is no stop over planned. This should hoelfully open up more options for the domestic leg and therefore give more options for the whole trip.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 1:47 pm

Programs: BAEC (Silver), IHG (Plat Elite)
Originally Posted by so3003
Search from London and then tag on a domestic leg (which doesn't need to be in CE to make the booking work). Be aware that 241 expiry date is when you need to have booked (or ticketed) the itinerary using it, but that itinerary can start after the 241 expiry date - so you could book flights with the 241 making booking before Nov (when 241 expires) but flying well into 2019
Not quite. From the T&Cs
22. Outbound travel must take place before the expiry date on the Companion Voucher however inbound travel can take place after the expiry date of the Companion Voucher.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 2:20 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The way I tend to do this is just focus on the longhaul and be pragmatic about the connecting flights. Try to add them in after the BA.com booking, or go separate tickets or play around with GLA/EDI/NCL since I live in the middle of those three. If necessary I'd take a cheapo GLA-LGW the night before on a cash ticket for example.

As it happens, I can see some availability for 2 in CW to Washington in your period, so for example BA293 on 17 October, back Sunday 21 October on BA216 or 292. All services are 747s, 120k Avios on a Twofer, and about £550 cash. I wouldn't hang about, you are booking too close in really, it's best to have a 3 or 4 month horizon here.

And it would be a good time of the year to be in Washington, actually.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.