Wiki Posts
Search

Booking a aa flight thru ba. Site

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2018, 1:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways | Executive Club silver
Booking a aa flight thru ba. Site

Can it be done ? Looking to book a flight from Chicago to Seattle next year would like to book it thru ba.com is it possible ?
Old Sep 4, 2018, 1:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
Nope, you'll need to book US domestic flights on AA.com
Old Sep 4, 2018, 1:50 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by andyh1877
Can it be done ? Looking to book a flight from Chicago to Seattle next year would like to book it thru ba.com is it possible ?
If paying with cash and therefore a revenue ticket, no.

However if using as a whole Avios ticket yes it is bookable on ba.com.

Y = 10k Avios and £4.30
J = 20k Avios and £4.30
Old Sep 4, 2018, 1:52 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Is there a reason you would want to book it through ba?
Old Sep 4, 2018, 3:40 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
I expect BA on the phone or in person (at the airport) will issue a ticket for these flights for you, if you really want a 125- ticket.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 3:44 am

You can book it as a code share as part of a LHR-ORD-SEA ticket, or book with Avios. Those are your only 2 options.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 4:06 am

Originally Posted by flatlander
I expect BA on the phone or in person (at the airport) will issue a ticket for these flights for you, if you really want a 125- ticket.
I don't believe they can, as they're not licensed (or whatever the correct term is) to operate or sell US domestic. I think the position is that they can only sell as part of an itinerary including the transatlantic hop.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 4:49 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by Lucanesque
I don't believe they can, as they're not licensed (or whatever the correct term is) to operate or sell US domestic. I think the position is that they can only sell as part of an itinerary including the transatlantic hop.
On the BA code yes, but they can sell you an AA flight, in this case BA are just a travel agent like any other.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 5:13 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by Airprox
On the BA code yes, but they can sell you an AA flight, in this case BA are just a travel agent like any other.
While BA allows ticketing solely AA itineraries on its stocks, AA often has restrictive provisions in its fares that the ticket must be issued on AA stock. Therefore, BA often can only issue expensive fares.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 6:53 am
Original Poster

The plan is to go to Seattle and drive back to Chicago then fly home , been looking at which is cheap easy option and a return flight to Chicago then a flight to Seattle seams best value option
i have booked only used ba . In the past to gain tps , so thought ba would be an easy option
Old Sep 4, 2018, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
The plan is to go to Seattle and drive back to Chicago then fly home , been looking at which is cheap easy option and a return flight to Chicago then a flight to Seattle seams best value option
Your best bet might then be simply to buy one ticket for London-Seattle and Chicago-London. You wouldn't need to do any short-haul flying at all.

You could pretty easily book this via the multi-city option on ba.com.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 7:34 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
. In the past to gain tps , so thought ba would be an easy option
And in case you were unaware, if you book via AA.com you still get the same TPs and Avios, just watch the fare buckets when you book and use the TP calculator on BA.com. You simply add your BAEC number into the AA.com booking.
Lucanesque likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
And in case you were unaware, if you book via AA.com you still get the same TPs and Avios, just watch the fare buckets when you book and use the TP calculator on BA.com. You simply add your BAEC number into the AA.com booking.
Just to build on this, it's sometimes cheaper to book the same flights on AA than it is on BA (or Iberia is similar). I booked a complex itinerary with AA that cost me $1400 that would have cost me more than £2000 on BA, and that was flying on BA operated (codeshared) flights for 3 out of 7 sectors. Full TP earned across the whole itinerary.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 8:40 am

Programs: UA *G, BA Silver
That flight to Chicago must be very cheap, because google flights is showing me $478 for a Y fare LHR-SEA : ORD-LHR sold by BA. I would be surprised if you could do two tickets for very much less than that. I was looking at October fares.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SeattleDavid
That flight to Chicago must be very cheap, because google flights is showing me $478 for a Y fare LHR-SEA : ORD-LHR sold by BA. I would be surprised if you could do two tickets for very much less than that. I was looking at October fares.
im getting £1200+ for july next year via ba multi city ,,,,, edi-lhr-sea out.............ord-lhr-edi in

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.