Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BAFirst Class OMG!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2018, 1:30 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Never flown in F and nothing I have heard on here or from others (including BA staff) makes me want to go to any great lengths to try. I certainly wouldn't pay any significant extra money for it.
skywardhunter likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 5:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by Petrus
Agree 100%. Especially when it comes to cars.
... and women.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 5:27 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by simons1

However as far as BA F is concerned. I don't think any airline gets it right 100% of the time. There are too many pressures on aircraft, crew, airports etc for it to be 100% success. I could go to virtually any forum on FT and find a 'poor F experience' thread.

Bottom line....the 'F is worse than J' line is just as (un)believable as the 'I've flown BA 100 times this year and it has always been perfect' type posts you see sometimes. Neither has much credibility. Over time you get what you pay for - expectations should be realistic based on what BA charges for F - this is not private jet with butler type stuff.
That is as fair and balanced a post as I have seen in a long time. Whilst human beings are involved it never will be perfect.I can forgive anyone if they are trying hard and things go wrong - that is the unfortunate thing of life. I have never had inedible food as I only eat when I am hungry and, whilst sadly that is more of the time than my wardrobe might wish, I eat. Sometimes it is OK, sometimes it is dire, and sometimes it is delicious. What I will say is that what passed for First Class food nowadays, we'd have served in Economy years ago - and that is not restricted to BA. Minced Beef masquerading as a "Burger", pasta served with anything and everything are two examples. It's a wonder that being a British Airline they don't serve some delicacy like Plum Duff with Custard reminiscent of so many School Dinners and call it Pudding. Frankly I have eaten far worst on other caarriers, but that is my taste not anyone else's.We have a classic thread of people for whom BA can do nothing right, and those for whom they can do no wrong. Somewhere in between lurks the reality. It has let people down badly and putting it right means spending money . In my experience you can put people in most seats and they are fine with that as long as it works and it is clean, give them a meal that is badly prepared or skimp on the drinks and they will not be happy;. The same applies to IVE - the system was never good and it is now beyond a joke. Better give everyone an Ipad and a decent pair of headphones BA1 style and they'll be far happier than what is around now, and it will probably be cheaper. What's best is that you can have it done very quickly.

Someone made a good point, if things go wrong, if your sensibilities are affronted for whatever reason, coming here to lament about it will not resolve anything. The CSD/CSM is there for a reason, and that is to deal with any service issues.

My 2p worth

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.