Wiki Posts
Search

BA B777 WT seat layout to BGI

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2018, 10:27 am
Original Poster

BA B777 WT seat layout to BGI

Hi all

We are off to Barbados in a month, out of LGW, and the seat map both ways shows a 3-3-3 formation on the 777 (we are in WT).

However, it is only showing rows 26-39 available to select seats in.. which is odd.

Does anyone know why this is and why WT seats arent available above row 26?

Also, I've been offered a price of £1k to upgrade our 3 seats for both legs to WTP, which doesnt seem too bad.... BUT... if its the old WTP product then I am not so sure. I like the 3-3-3 layout for our 3 seats in WT and also the WTP old product doesnt look that good. Can anyone assist as to whether we may get a new plane and why the seat map shows what it does?

Thanks
Old Aug 30, 2018, 10:39 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by datickner
Hi all

We are off to Barbados in a month, out of LGW, and the seat map both ways shows a 3-3-3 formation on the 777 (we are in WT).

However, it is only showing rows 26-39 available to select seats in.. which is odd.

Does anyone know why this is and why WT seats arent available above row 26?

Also, I've been offered a price of £1k to upgrade our 3 seats for both legs to WTP, which doesnt seem too bad.... BUT... if its the old WTP product then I am not so sure. I like the 3-3-3 layout for our 3 seats in WT and also the WTP old product doesnt look that good. Can anyone assist as to whether we may get a new plane and why the seat map shows what it does?

Thanks
We did this in June.. It was an old clunky 777 with 333 layout. We sat in the extra leg room WT row 26 seats on the way out. As a gold the third seat was blocked and we had loads of room as a couple. Its a day flight out so was very happy with the comfort tbh. We paid for WTP for the return which was quite inexpensive and far less than upgrading the outbound leg as no massive departure tax..

We then upgraded the return with avios to club for 50k ( I think ) and were lucky enough to score an OPUP to First which was "a right touch"..

So in essence row 26 is ok for the day flight if you can nab it and WTP is more than ok for the return ( should be about £400 for 2 wt->wtp from my recollection ). Dont expect much from the media system , its really very poor.

Have a great time in "Barbs"..
Old Aug 30, 2018, 10:41 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
On 4 class 772s WT begins at row 26

If it's showing 3-3-3 then old WTP with the constraints you allude to
Old Aug 30, 2018, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by ajeleonard
On 4 class 772s WT begins at row 26

If it's showing 3-3-3 then old WTP with the constraints you allude to
Yes, sounds like a 4 class variant. Seat map here
Old Aug 30, 2018, 11:06 am

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Just keep an eye on it though. You more than likely won't be told about an aircraft change. Ours for LGW-PUJ-LGW on sunday was swapped from a 4 to a 3 class without notification although as we found out when we were upgrading from WTP-CW & it would mean a cabin refresh and new IFE it was preferable in our case.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by TWCLAM
Just keep an eye on it though. You more than likely won't be told about an aircraft change. Ours for LGW-PUJ-LGW on sunday was swapped from a 4 to a 3 class without notification although as we found out when we were upgrading from WTP-CW & it would mean a cabin refresh and new IFE it was preferable in our case.
Barbados, St Lucia and Bermuda will tend to always fly with the 4 class birds come what may as these routes advertise and feature a full F product. Unlike PUJ, ANU and most others that don't. In terms of replacement aircraft, The availability of 4 class 777 aircraft is better than finding a spare 3 class one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.