Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge Access Questions

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2018, 9:55 am
Original Poster

Lounge Access Questions

Hi everyone

I’ve a couple of questions I know someone who’s more knowledgeable than me will be able to answer.

Myself (BA Silver) and a friend (no status) are looking at flying DUB-VCE. We can either connect in LHR on pure BA flights or via LGW with EI / BA. So to the questions;

Can he get lounge access in LHR /LGW as my guest even on HBO fares?

Can he also get lounge access in DUB if we fly BA even though it’s a 3rd party lounge? I’m pretty sure I can’t bring a guest to the EI lounge correct?

Is the Marco Polo lounge in VCE any use as BA are £20 dearer than U2 on the way back & considering I’ll be on a HBO fare, the only real difference would be the lounge. Again, would he have access?

Finally (a little cheeky I know) but our actual destination is Treviso. Has anyone done VCE airport - Treviso by public transport before?

Thanks
Old Aug 29, 2018, 10:05 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
There is a thread in the Dashboard on lounge access, which gives the answers to your questions, but in summary you can't guest on EI metal, but you can on BA metal. That includes DUB, VCE, LHR, LGW lounges, HBO or otherwise. On EI you alone can use the EI lounges in DUB and LHR.

There is also in the Dashboard a guide to BA's European lounges, and as luck would have it, @Genius1 has recently put some photos of the VCE lounge. It certainly beats the main VCE lounge.

As for getting to Treviso, in some ways Bologna is a better airport if less scenic an approach, but otherwise just take the bus from the airport to Venice Santa Lucia station. Line 5, bus stop Piazzale Roma. Then one of 55 trains a day will whisk you off to Treviso in about 30 minutes. VCE to Treviso can take under an hour if HBO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.