Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyenas in the North Galleries

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2018, 10:01 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Too much travel
The real Too Much Travel is probably out there somewhere feeling very honoured with being granted this highly esteemed award.

I on the other hand will just go ahead and swap the chevalier de l'ironie profonde with the much superior (i.e. more legroom) chevalier de l'escalier roulant to which I am entitled. If any of you hear someone talking loudly about chevaliers in the lounge or the bus on speakerphone this afternoon, that'll be me.
whatever,Poppet, you’re a Mucci and have highly amused me. Thank you
Old Aug 28, 2018, 12:26 pm

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
I can only apologise for putting you to such trouble, too much travel. If it makes you feel any better, I’ve just spat a mouthful of Krug all over a certain (non BA) lounge as I read your post. It seems bad manners are not confined to London. Thanks for the laughter, and safe travels.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 1:15 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by YacozA
Post of the month (year maybe?) right here.
I have only one thing to say to you. Nuts.
skywardhunter likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 1:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold
They do say bad luck comes in 3's.

How was the landing out of interest?
Ldnn1 likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 1:50 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
Bread rolling on the floor laughing.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 1:51 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Every coin has two sides.
Some Classic DYKWIA Behaviour in T5 North Galleries

Originally Posted by BOH
Sat down this afternoon in one of those clusters of armchairs to the left of the BA Information Desk in T5 North Lounge. There are 5 (maybe 6) separate power outlets in the arm of a few of these chairs and this bloke in the widow of the cluster I sat in was using every single one. He was charging 2 phones, an I-Pad, a laptop and an electric shaver. Now not every chair has power outlets so I politely asked him to disconnect one....he refused saying, "no, sorry but I need to charge all my devices for my flight".

So I waited until he got up to go the loo / got a sandwich and then I took great delight in personally unplugging every single one of his devices and plugged my single charger in. I gestured to 2-3 others in the adjacent chairs to come and plug their devices in - which they gratefully did

His face was a picture when he came back, he scowled / glared / muttered, gathered his stuff (all his gadgets and gizmos) and skulked off. Result!!
Old Aug 29, 2018, 1:43 am

Programs: UA1K, QF Plat, *A & Marriot Gold, OW Emerald, Hyatt Hertz PC CanPass Nexus APEC Global Entry
Razor blades

I absolutely hear your pain with the shaver , what ever happened to the razor disposal slot in the bathroom, I can imagine how many people were shaving on a flight and had to switch blades , your need to be fully charged is fully recognized

Shave away my friend, shave away

[img]blob:https://www.flyertalk.com/c7426c39-72c8-49d3-a47b-a63a8c1fe2d1[/img]
Old Aug 29, 2018, 1:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH FTL, KL/AF Ivory
I've been tempted to travel with a Hi-Viz vest on (I was given one once in Japan at some kind of sake-fest) to see what other passengers' reactions might be, but have never dared to do so yet.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by catandmouse
I've been tempted to travel with a Hi-Viz vest on (I was given one once in Japan at some kind of sake-fest) to see what other passengers' reactions might be, but have never dared to do so yet.
Useful travel accessory, especially if it has numerous pockets for Passport, BP[s], Phone ... Razor ...
Old Aug 29, 2018, 3:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Be careful with that!

I volunteer for Cheltenham Festivals and we used to have different coloured T-shirts for the different festivals. One time I was at T3 waiting to collect a performer for the Jazz Festival which had a purple T-shirt that year. Much to my confusion, people kept coming up to me asking all sorts of questions about where to find this or that – took me a while to work out that my festival issue T-shirt was exactly the same colour as the uniform of the Heathrow information/assistance staff…
Old Aug 29, 2018, 3:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Hi-Viz indoors is definitely advisable (mandatory, even ?) if you’re planning to make any announcements from the BA Ops Control Centre. It can be a very hazardous working area, by all accounts.

(More info here
https://www.indy100.com/article/brit...cutive-7760021)
wrp96 likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 5:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jfallesen
Be careful with that!

I volunteer for Cheltenham Festivals and we used to have different coloured T-shirts for the different festivals. One time I was at T3 waiting to collect a performer for the Jazz Festival which had a purple T-shirt that year. Much to my confusion, people kept coming up to me asking all sorts of questions about where to find this or that – took me a while to work out that my festival issue T-shirt was exactly the same colour as the uniform of the Heathrow information/assistance staff…
I was in Scotland waiting for one of the boat tours on holiday. Thought okay to change from my usual black polo black trousers and boat shoes, to white polo navy trousers and boat shoes. It was my holiday gear..

I was told off by some guy because the ship crew wouldnt open the doors until they had finished their coffee break. Then some american lady screamed down the boat at me because the bar wasnt open. I explained once people are on and we are moving someone will serve her. Do you work here, her reply me no I am on holiday too.

I didnt notice their were wearing the same clothes. we need to be warned about such things, it was a long journey.
PETER01 and T8191 like this.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 5:59 am

Programs: CX GO, BA Gold, OZ*G, IHG Spire RA
I'm fairly new to this forum and am loving the humour and wit!
PETER01 and T8191 like this.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 7:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: OneWorld Emerald (BA GGL), *A Silver (Miles & Less), Skyteam Pleb (KLM FlyingBlue), Mucci Platinum
Originally Posted by DieselYVR
I'm fairly new to this forum and am loving the humour and wit!
Welcome to the Behavioural Analysis forum. The rule here at BA is that you cannot take yourself too seriously.
wrp96 likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 7:27 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
Wit? Humour?

Are you sure?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.