Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booked wrong airport

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2018, 1:07 am
Original Poster

Booked wrong airport

I was booking a trip from LCY to EDI for Feb next year, I was using the Avios points we had. I was in a bit of a rush and realised after that I had booked the return flight to come into LHR.

I looked at changing the flights in my bookings but it only shows flights to LHR and not to LCY, is there a way to change it to a LCY flight?

Old Aug 22, 2018, 1:09 am

is there redemption availability to LCY on your date?
Old Aug 22, 2018, 1:14 am

Programs: BAEC
If you are within 24 hours of booking and you booked with BA you can probably cancel or ammend for free.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 1:24 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Don’t worry - you are still a long way from your actual travel date. If you aren’t within the 24hr booking period set up an alert on EF for an Avios Seat back into LCY and if one opens up just call up and ask to be switched, they should be able to do it without cancelling the entire booking.

Pilot37
Old Aug 22, 2018, 2:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Online change facility always only shows the same airport pair as that originally booked, but the call centre can change it to any other airport (or basically anything). As mentioned, that's free for all within 24 hours, after that normal change conditions apply (either free of £35 or various amounts depending on your status and account residence).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.