Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Currency for one-way tickets from another country

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Currency for one-way tickets from another country

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2018, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
Quite easily done. You can file fares that valid or not valid for sale in a particular market by using ATPCO Fare Category 15.

The UK agents would have been able to issue the same fares as the EU agents had they switched to a different Office ID on their Selling Platform but I doubt I would allow this if I were BA's Director of Sales.
I think BA agents can do this at least within Europe. They can also pick the currency independently of the sales office. Or at least, I have certainly been sold a ticket at AMS point of sale in GBP a few times.

I’ve never seen a BA fare filed that applies sales restrictions within Europe.

It is supposed to be illegal to price-discriminate based on an agent’s or customer’s residence within the EU (EC 1008/2008 Article 23 (2)) although not many carriers seem to worry about it.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 9:44 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH D, QFF, EB
Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
Quite easily done. You can file fares that valid or not valid for sale in a particular market by using ATPCO Fare Category 15.

The UK agents would have been able to issue the same fares as the EU agents had they switched to a different Office ID on their Selling Platform but I doubt I would allow this if I were BA's Director of Sales.
A few of the agents know how to do this but it appears BA have made it harder to do. I have had an agent working on 2 separate machines to force through a booking doing this before as they wanted to hold the reservation for me but having to restart another machine to spoof It's location set up to allow it to issue using an Italian point of sale.
Calchas likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 11:24 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
I've had to phone in to book a flight set that wasn't bookable online, I was clearing talking to a call center in the UK and was booking flights that originated in Canada. At first they quoted me in GBP, then I asked for it in CAD and that was no problem to switch.
Calchas and 2sk21 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.