please add on the lounge all stars!
LHR T3:
CX F lounge
LHR T4:
QR lounge
LHR T5:
BA Concord lounge
CDG:
QR lounge - although I think you can only access it when actually flying QR in a premium cabin.
CX lounge
FRA:
T2 JAL Sakura lounge
Print Wikipost

Best oneworld lounges in Europe.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2018, 8:11 am

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Originally Posted by DoctorCopper
I would doubt that FCO would serve Cava (a Spanish wine); FCO would probably serve Prosecco.

Doc Copper
And you would not be wrong I misspoke and it is indeed prosecco, recently back from Spain and it was stuck in my head. FCO is conf as Prosecco thank you for pointing that out.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 8:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Don't forget to plan a few trips from LGW - the First lounge there is small but quiet and very pleasant; and the Club lounge is also not bad; plus it's a good airport to chase a few cheap "long" short-haul Tier Points in Club Europe

Oh, and what everyone else said about Cathay First at Terminal 3 - it's the best thing about flying to Luxembourg. Or flying American Airlines.
TWCLAM likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 9:20 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by ratypus
Oh, and what everyone else said about Cathay First at Terminal 3 - it's the best thing about flying to Luxembourg. Or flying American Airlines.
Love that 'best thing about flying AA is the CX lounge
jmj9905 likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 9:20 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by OverTheHorizon
I quite like the AY lounge in TLL, at least when the weather's good... decent beer, decent snacks and a nice little roof terrace to enjoy them on
Just to clarify that the TLL lounge is a third party lounge (not AY) and BA passengers do not get access to it unfortunately.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 10:41 am

I'd say CX LHR T3 F, followed by AY HEL Premium, QR LHR T4, CX LHR T3 J, QF LHR T3 and then BA LHR T5 Concorde Room, in that order (although rating on champagne alone, the CCR would move up). I haven't checked out the MAD lounges yet.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 10:56 am

Programs: BA Gold
It's been a while since I was last in CX lounge in CDG, but I remember Champagne and wine selection was decent for Business Class lounge (Pol Roger, Bollinger, Henri Bourgeois wines) That was in 2017 though, not sure if still the same.
In terms of optional extras, there is a sauna in AY lounge in HEL.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 12:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by makin'miles
I'd say CX LHR T3 F, followed by AY HEL Premium, QR LHR T4, CX LHR T3 J, QF LHR T3 and then BA LHR T5 Concorde Room
I’m pleased to say Mrs PtF and I have visited ALL those lounges, plus at least one not on your list - QR CDG F/J.

QR LHR T4 F/J has been my favourite for many a year; it has the feel of a gentleman’s club.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 1:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold
The new lounge in MAD 4S is rather nice.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Tesco, Nectar
Wow thanks guys. I'll be looking for cheap flights to: MAD, HEL, CDG, BRU, FRA.

Which EU destinations would typically depart from LHR T3 T4 allowing me to try the CX lounge?

Last edited by Newbtravelle; Jul 27, 2018 at 4:05 pm
Old Jul 27, 2018, 3:29 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Newbtravelle
Which EU destinations would typically depart from LHR T4 allowing me to try the CX lounge?
T3 short haul routes for the CX lounge are:

Barcelona, Bilbao, Budapest, Chania, Gibraltar, Helsinki, Lisbon, Luxembourg, Lyon, Marseille, Palermo, Prague, Vienna, and Warsaw (moving to T5 from 28 October)
Newbtravelle likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 3:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by APPL
It's been a while since I was last in CX lounge in CDG, but I remember Champagne and wine selection was decent for Business Class lounge (Pol Roger, Bollinger, Henri Bourgeois wines) That was in 2017 though, not sure if still the same.
In terms of optional extras, there is a sauna in AY lounge in HEL.
The CX lounge in CDG is fine, but not sure it's worthy of inclusion in a discussion regarding the best in Europe. It's not a very inspiring physical space, but certainly serviceable.

Regards
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 3:34 pm

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
QR LHR T4 F/J has been my favourite for many a year; it has the feel of a gentleman’s club.
It’s my favourite LHR lounge. Haven’t done CCR but better than CX T3 and (off topic) Virgin Clubhouse IMHO.

Is it still open for non-QR J and F? I’ve heard talk that they have refused entry. Worth mentioning as well that it is not a OWE lounge, and is premium cabin only.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 3:36 pm
LPQ

Programs: TG *G 20 years
CX lounges are in T3 not T4.
Newbtravelle likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 3:42 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by krispy84

It’s my favourite LHR lounge. Haven’t done CCR but better than CX T3 and (off topic) Virgin Clubhouse IMHO.

Is it still open for non-QR J and F? I’ve heard talk that they have refused entry. Worth mentioning as well that it is not a OWE lounge, and is premium cabin only.
any oneworld J/F I think, although from T4 that would be QR and MH only.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 3:56 pm

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by KARFA

any oneworld J/F I think, although from T4 that would be QR and MH only.

I used to be there mainly on upgraded MH J fares, and felt myself very lucky to have QR lounge food and champagne; before settling-in to satay and Book the Cook on MH :-)

Last edited by krispy84; Jul 27, 2018 at 4:08 pm Reason: Grammar

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.