Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Great Start to the Week - Excellent Service Agent

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Great Start to the Week - Excellent Service Agent

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2018, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Thumbs up Great Start to the Week - Excellent Service Agent

What a great start to the week! First time I have used baredemptionfinder to set alerts for an F seat.. set up a couple on Saturday to see how it goes.

Woke up today to an email to say “Available Seats” added to my chosen flight. Checked BA.com – and there were indeed 2 x F

Excuse the vague details but I don’t want to get anyone in trouble. Called the Gold Line, got through to Holidays in under 1 minute – excellent operator took the call, moved me from my flight to the later flight with the 2 x F, and expecting to pay 300EUR per person change – said “as a gesture for being a Gold Member we’ll waive the fee per person” just 60k Avios to take.

What an incredible result! He was super efficient and has made my day. I am unsure whether to submit my Online Golden Ticket as I can’t believe he had the power to just waive this? I wonder if this is part of a new charm offensive or I just got lucky. Fingers crossed my second alert delivers some good news
Old Jul 16, 2018, 4:41 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
My approach when I think someone waived some rules for me that were at the edge, if not beyond, the official limits of their discretion is to send in praise for "excellent customer service" "very efficient and helpful with my travel problems" "made me feel BA welcomed me" etc, without actually saying what the problem was. I feel this gets the person their good-conduct mark in the management records without someone looking closely into why this ticket was changed and how it was charged.
BertieBadger likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 6:29 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I don't see where a €300 per person would come from... The UK fee is Ł35 per person (not sure about the corresponding amount in euro) plus/minus the tax difference. Could the tax difference be so big?
Old Jul 16, 2018, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Sorry - it was changing a cash ticket (BA31 to BA27) not just a straight forward UuA
Old Jul 16, 2018, 6:38 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Sorry - it was changing a cash ticket (BA31 to BA27) not just a straight forward UuA
I see. Unusually generous then. Was 300 euros just the change fee? As in, the base fare for the new flight was the same of the original price you paid?
Old Jul 16, 2018, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Fortunately base fare remained unchanged it was a straight "fee" for making a change
Old Jul 16, 2018, 11:48 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond
Many “A” class bookings have Ł300 change fees when the ticket originated in UK

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.