Search

Which lounge at Vancouver

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2018, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
Which lounge at Vancouver

Hi,

I have an upcoming flight in first from Vancouver to LHR.

Have to check out of Air bnb early so really need a shower at the airport. I can see on the lounge database the BA lounges dont have showers and Cathay lounge only opens as we will be boarding.

Has anyone any experience of the BA lounges at Vancouver? Or the paid lounges? I have LoungeKey membership.

thanks
Old Jun 18, 2018, 10:53 am

British Airways has its own lounge in Vancouver!

Carfield
Old Jun 18, 2018, 12:13 pm

Worth noting the Fairmont Vancouver Airport, directly attached to the terminal, has a decent health club with drop in rates at $20 per visit.

https://www.fairmont.com/vancouver-a...s/health-club/
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 1:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Is the Vancouver lounge any good? Im also travelling back in F with kids who will have spent a day at the pool/beach and will be in desperate need for a shower if I cant get a late hotel check out.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 2:01 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by Newly Wed
Is the Vancouver lounge any good? I’m also travelling back in F with kids who will have spent a day at the pool/beach and will be in desperate need for a shower if I can’t get a late hotel check out.
Seems to be excellent (74% and 21% very good)

Trip Advisor
Old Jun 18, 2018, 2:13 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Vancouver lounge is pretty meh, again this could be subjective, but I had a trip out of YVR a few weeks ago and my two favorite lounges were the Skyteam and CX lounge. The CX lounge is only open 3 hours before CX flights leave, so it closes at 2:30pm and doesn't reopen until about 8pm for the JFK flight. If you have a priority pass the Skyteam lounge is accessible and is across from the CX lounge. The BA F lounge doesn't have much for food except small sandwiches, one soup, cookies, cheese, crackers/biscuits, crisps, but does offer a plethora of drinks from wine to beer to spirits. I actually just made a trip report on it a few days ago, so you can see some photos if you want. But overall, I wasn't too impressed by the BA lounge as it didn't offer much in the way of a F class lounge experience.

Skyteam lounge also has showers supposedly.

Last edited by safari ari; Jun 18, 2018 at 9:18 pm Reason: Forgot CX flys YVR-JFK
Old Jun 18, 2018, 3:37 pm
Siz

We flew home from Vancouver last May in F, we ended up at the airport early, but the check in & bag drop didn't open until 3 hours before our flight. I don't think there were any showers in the BA lounge airside, as others have said it's a very small lounge with snack type food and drinks. We got into it soon after opening and it was very quiet but towards flight time both the business lounge and the first lounge were very busy.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 3:47 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Gold, Hertz President's Circle, HHonors Diamond
CX lounge far better than BA at YVR.

It was open two hours before the BA flight in March.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 9:04 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

The Cathay Pacific lounge should be open from around 7:30pm, to service its evening JFK passengers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.