Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The results of the BA staff survey are in ....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The results of the BA staff survey are in ....

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2018, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
And to be clear it wasn’t me that gave access to these results, in fact the only place that I have seen them is on here.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 5:58 am

Programs: Junior Jet Club, Nando's Card 1 Red Chilli, Tesco Clubcard, BAEC Gold, TK M&S Elite
I'd get fired for producing something like that without it being protectively marked as staff/commercial in confidence.

Interesting reading though.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 5:58 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Actually that's not a bad engagement score. The "how do you feel" column is a direct input and usually employees use this sort of thing to give their employer a direct kicking. I do. The engagement score is usually calculated via more subtle questions.

As has been said, mainly it creates a baseline to improve from. Posting it publically invites all sorts of misrepresentation, and with my people manager's hat on I'm not sure I agree with doing it. But I still looked
Old Jun 13, 2018, 6:10 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Originally Posted by flyuk
I'd get fired for producing something like that without it being protectively marked as staff/commercial in confidence.
Marking things as classified always prevents leaks, of course

82% of people still see themselves at BA in 3 years' time: they want to work in the aviation industry using their current skills and know the grass is even browner elsewhere.

Overall, it's looking pretty bad for people management in BA. If BA want to improve this, it shouldn't be hard to move it up a bit.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 6:22 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by drakepassage

BA seem to publish it themselves now, although not sure it’s supposed to be public facing.. it was doing the rounds when it was still internal-only.

https://askba-faqemail.custhelp.com/...4P+%284%29.pdf
that's not the current version anyway and certainly not the version used by the lounge agents anymore. There is a much more substantial later version.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 6:26 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Those are horrifying percentages. I would hate to be the person they put in charge of this. I worked for a BIg 4 where the whole department was as miserable as sin and still our staff survey scores were significantly better than that!
BearX220 likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 6:32 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Originally Posted by flatlander

No but it does make it easier for BA and their legal department to request they be taken down from sites like these.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 6:32 am

Programs: Junior Jet Club, Nando's Card 1 Red Chilli, Tesco Clubcard, BAEC Gold, TK M&S Elite
Originally Posted by flatlander
No it doesn't, but it does make it crystal clear that you will lose your job and might be sued if you are caught printing it, emailing it, saving it to USB or anything else likely to cause a breach of infosec.

Also, in my former guise as a journalist, my ethics would ensure that if I received a document marked as "Commercial in Confidence", I'd offer the company a chance to talk about it in the open. A collaborative article offers more future opportunities, releasing data without asking for comment first gets you blackballed. A former colleague of mine got our publication blackballed by a GPU manufacturer simply for publishing a photo of a chip with "RedactedCompanyName Confidential" on it.

As it stands it's a PowerPoint presentation slide, from an unconfirmed source, that is most likely to be genuine because of the reaction of the forum staffers.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
that's not the current version anyway and certainly not the version used by the lounge agents anymore. There is a much more substantial later version.
This is the more recent one I've seen (2016, 47 pages, including CIV data). There might be a more recent one though.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 6:38 am

Programs: BAEC
I wonder how many staff answered the survey and how many were sent it?
Old Jun 13, 2018, 7:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Fluzz
Those are horrifying percentages.
I actually think they're not too bad for a company that's been going through a transitional period for many years. Especially where it's involved staff cuts and putting in place less favourable working conditions. So I'm not at all surprised by these results.....about as predictable as England's forthcoming chances of winning the World Cup.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 7:08 am

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
Originally Posted by HIDDY
I actually think they're not too bad for a company that's been going through a transitional period for many years. Especially where it's involved staff cuts and putting in place less favourable working conditions. So I'm not at all surprised by these results.....about as predictable as England's forthcoming chances of winning the World Cup.
Transitioning from what to what?

FYI - I agree - I don't think they're too bad either..
Old Jun 13, 2018, 7:17 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
I wonder how many staff answered the survey and how many were sent it?
The standard process is to send it to everyone, remind frequently, and put pressure on via managers for participation. Confidentiality will have been assured, and probably it will have been done through a third party. If there isn't high participation the results aren't very useful.
wrp96 and rockflyertalk like this.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by drakepassage

You could say the same about the Lounge Access document, but it’s out in the open now - I’ve see it in in 3 places elsewhere already.
dare I ask what lounge access document, I dont think Ive seen that yet haha

edit: never mind found it

Last edited by alanjhett; Jun 13, 2018 at 7:27 am Reason: Found the doc
Old Jun 13, 2018, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by Woodbinerich
Transitioning from what to what?

FYI - I agree - I don't think they're too bad either..
You're suggesting that you would consider yourself a good boss if only 5% of your employees said they were 'happy' to work for your company when asked to fill in an anonymous survey?

Last edited by Raffles; Jun 13, 2018 at 7:35 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.