FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The results of the BA staff survey are in ....
Old Jun 13, 2018, 6:32 am
flyuk

Programs: Junior Jet Club, Nando's Card 1 Red Chilli, Tesco Clubcard, BAEC Gold, TK M&S Elite
Originally Posted by flatlander
Marking things as classified always prevents leaks, of course
No it doesn't, but it does make it crystal clear that you will lose your job and might be sued if you are caught printing it, emailing it, saving it to USB or anything else likely to cause a breach of infosec.

Also, in my former guise as a journalist, my ethics would ensure that if I received a document marked as "Commercial in Confidence", I'd offer the company a chance to talk about it in the open. A collaborative article offers more future opportunities, releasing data without asking for comment first gets you blackballed. A former colleague of mine got our publication blackballed by a GPU manufacturer simply for publishing a photo of a chip with "RedactedCompanyName Confidential" on it.

As it stands it's a PowerPoint presentation slide, from an unconfirmed source, that is most likely to be genuine because of the reaction of the forum staffers.